VFL to be telecast by CH 7 VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Would the VFL and Channel Seven look at the possibility of staging the 2015 VFL Grand Final on a Sunday night, in prime time to maximise its TV audience? Think about it-the 2015 VFL Grand Final between ie Box Hill Hawks and Sandringham on Sunday 27 September at Etihad Stadium starting at 7:45pm, live on the main Seven channel in Melbourne, live on 7Mate in Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, and live on the 7Prime (regional and country viewers) channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It should be played 2pm the Sunday before the AFL Grand Final at North Port oval.
A half full Etihad VFL Granny doesn't do the VFL justice.
Keep it real.

They've got tickets on themselves that Port mob :rolleyes: Last year Box Hill's home prelim was played there and not at BHCO which I think was unfair (not against Port though). Apart from a largish grandstand I can't see the big attraction. BHCO easily as good.

It should be played 2pm the Sunday before the AFL Grand Final at North Port oval.
A half full Etihad VFL Granny doesn't do the VFL justice.
Keep it real.

I can understand where you're coming from, but last year's VFL Grand Final had a crowd of 23,000, which North Port, or any other VFL ground, apart from maybe Ikon Park, wouldn't be able to hold. I think the VFL is keen to maximise the potential crowd that they can get.

I've never really understood though why the two prelims have to be played at North Port Oval. A bit unfair IMO especially if Port are involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northern Blues play most of their home games there. Play 3 a year at Preston City IIRC.
That's good actually. Was at Ikon Park this morning, was gonna watch Carlton training but they finished just before I rocked up. Didn't think they played VFL there, even though it definitely looked in good enough condition to host VFL games. Love going to VFL at the spiritual homes of AFL clubs that no longer play there. Hopefully we play Northern Blues at Ikon next year then.

I can understand where you're coming from, but last year's VFL Grand Final had a crowd of 23,000, which North Port, or any other VFL ground, apart from maybe Ikon Park, wouldn't be able to hold. I think the VFL is keen to maximise the potential crowd that they can get.

I've never really understood though why the two prelims have to be played at North Port Oval. A bit unfair IMO especially if Port are involved.
Just like Melbourne having an unfair advantage over the years with the MCG being their home ground. It has the right feel for VFA footy. Willy v Port granny at Etihad had a horrible atmosphere. 2 great VFA clubs deserved better.

Just like Melbourne having an unfair advantage over the years with the MCG being their home ground. It has the right feel for VFA footy. Willy v Port granny at Etihad had a horrible atmosphere. 2 great VFA clubs deserved better.
Princess Park is the ideal GF location IMO. Suburban feel to it.
Agreed. Going to grounds like Windy Hill, Princes Park, Punt Road Oval and Whitten Oval makes you wish that it was like the old days when clubs played out of their actual homes.

Agreed. Going to grounds like Windy Hill, Princes Park, Punt Road Oval and Whitten Oval makes you wish that it was like the old days when clubs played out of their actual homes.
I'm old enough to have experienced the suburban grounds. The good old days.

2015VFLRatingsR12.png

Looking forward to the Round 15 game between Port Melbourne and Williamstown. A throwback to the glory days of the old VFA, especially during the golden era of the 1970s. And it's played at North Port Oval too!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back