VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy McCartin (ex-Saints) is planning to play with Swans Reserves this year....no sign of any movement in the VFL but it's a big call to say that McCartin will be playing in it.
Perhaps there WILL be a comp after all

VFL fixture likely to be delayed until Early March- 2 weeks (we hope)

VFLW which starts next weekend. - who knows?

No idea what the delays are?

here we go - the whingers are back.

Come in spinners.
Imagine defending people who run a competition that haven't released a fixture 7 weeks before their season starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL has been quite clear that the 2021 hybrid comp season is a transitional one and there will probably be more changes for 2022. I feel there will be a move towards a full or partial AFL reserves competition in the next few years. I can only hope that they also choose to support a revival of a Victorian state league competition. The other states and territories all have one and they wouldn't want to lose local players to the WAFL/SANFL. The only snag to that may be upping the age limit in the NAB League to fill the void.

At the end of the day, as long as Port Melbourne survive, I'm happy for us to play in a state league, hybrid reserves comp or even the amateurs. The VFA is gone and it won't come back, even if the name is revived it won't be the same.
Good post, I too would like Port to play in a state league or a hybrid AFL reserves competition however playing in the Amateurs would be a real disappointment to one of the most historic and proud clubs in the world. Henry Perazo and Norm Goss would be turning in their graves if they heard such a thing.

All VFL clubs have be notified where and who their likely round 1 match is?

As far as fixture it won't be released for at least another 2 weeks, but I hope I am wrong?

If you looked at the VFL website's front page, you'd have no idea that the VFLW is on this weekend. Shocking!
Just another example of the AFLs total lack of respect for anything external to docklands. The mind boggles..in fact I cannot believe that they have managed to produce one single fixture for VFLM and VFLW in the past 6 months!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back