VFL 2021

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
The suns v dogs AFL game has been moved from 1:45 to 4:35. The VFL clash is meant to be at Footscray between these two sides at 6pm. Is the VFL time being moved too to allow fans to get to both?
Yep, unsure on details yet though but stay tuned

MRobbo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2004
Mornington
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Frankston,LA Lakers
Radio coverage for Round 1 so far
RPP Peninsula Radio - Frankston vs Coburg (includes video live stream)
3WBC - Box Hill vs Casey
Casey Radio - Carlton vs Southport(Saturday) and Northern Bullants vs Williamstown(Sunday)
SEN/VFL Radio: game TBA (most likely coverage thru SEN App and possibly thru SEN Fanatic on digital radio)

MegaA

Debutant
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi mate,

the four games that you mention named kayo. Were do you get that channel kayo from ?

Kayo is a sports subscription only platform, kind of like foxtel but all it has is sports and is available through your internet devices. I think its around $15 monthly.

Would love to watch Port Melbourne v Aspley on it but unfortunately its only a few days away from the start of the comp and have no clue where to watch games and which games are being covered 😪

GrumpyOldMan_NC

Monday's Expert
Feb 1, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Kayo is a sports subscription only platform, kind of like foxtel but all it has is sports and is available through your internet devices. I think its around $15 monthly.

Would love to watch Port Melbourne v Aspley on it but unfortunately its only a few days away from the start of the comp and have no clue where to watch games and which games are being covered 😪
Info on KAYO freebies - https://www.news.com.au/sport/more-...e/news-story/ec94727ca10055e5df14f4629a060eae

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
1852CCBA-FE82-4511-BC8F-A344BEA7E3B6.jpeg

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Updated broadcast deal announced tomorrow
4 games on Kayo
1 game on Fox Footy probably Thursday nights
2 games on 7 1 in Melbourne, 1 interstate
Are the 4 games on Kayo including simulcasts of the Ch 7 and Fox games? Or are there 4 games exclusive to Kayo?

And will it be that many games broadcast each week or will it be reduced for rounds with only 7-9 matches?

MRobbo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2004
Mornington
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Frankston,LA Lakers
Matches on Kayo this weekend
Saturday
Sydney v GWS Giants
Brisbane v Essendon
Sunday
Geelong v North Melbourne

looks like victorian and Queensland stand alone clubs unlikely to get a TV game this given there are 4 games and not one stand alone side gets a TV game.

Last edited:

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
Not surprised that Port Melbourne is shafted by not only having to travel to Brisbane in round 1, but also won't even be broadcast.

I expect us and the other stand alones to be similarly ignored for the whole season despite the increase in tv/streaming exposure.

Nov 18, 2003
Mars
Not surprised that Port Melbourne is shafted by not only having to travel to Brisbane in round 1, but also won't even be broadcast.

I expect us and the other stand alones to be similarly ignored for the whole season despite the increase in tv/streaming exposure.

Keep your eye out for a stream from Aspley

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Updated broadcast deal announced tomorrow
4 games on Kayo
1 game on Fox Footy probably Thursday nights

2 games on 7 1 in Melbourne, 1 interstate
That sounds confusing.
If you got Kayo you have Fox footy but if you have Foxtel, but not the Kayo streaming service does this mean you only get one game a week, whilst Kayo subscribers get 4, or is it 5 ?

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
That sounds confusing.
If you got Kayo you have Fox footy but if you have Foxtel, but not the Kayo streaming service does this mean you only get one game a week, whilst Kayo subscribers get 4, or is it 5 ?
That’s correct Although you’ll also get the c7 games too

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
That’s correct Although you’ll also get the c7 games too
That's just weird, but makes me glad I got Kayo and not been into Foxtel.
I remember early in summer one time, I turned on Kayo and found three Sheffield Shield games on Kayo at same time and I figured surely all three are not spread across three Fox sports channels on Foxtel, which , after reading this, it looks like Kayo can get more than Fox Sports for some reason.
Good to know.

yamborghinidream

Metal Gear Solid
Apr 14, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WAFL

yamborghinidream

Metal Gear Solid
Apr 14, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WAFL
They should focus on spreading the broadcasts out more in a time sense as well - two games being covered at the same time isn't great for general fans of the competition, would love to see one of the Friday games covered over Syd/GWS or Bri/Ess this week.

Just being picky though... miles ahead of what we've had previously!

Back