2nds VFL v Box Hill sunday 2pm @ Simonds Stadium [live on Seven]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's very conceivable. They can't keep everyone. There are a few out of contract at the end of this year and he's one of them.

If he stays fit and plays some more footy like the game he produced on Sunday, he's some chance to survive.

And I, for one, would be OK with that.

If he plays out the year in reasonable form, I don't see the point of walking him for a 'late' pick.

But without more retirements and delistings from the senior list than I would foresee right now, even the minimum list change requirement might see him out this time around.

So a bit late to the party but had a listen the other night and then once CH7 loaded the game managed to watch it.

Impressive performance really and s**t it's good to rub the poo and wee colours in it - regardless of level.

Clark was very impressive. Kicking for goal, leading and marking with intent and conviction and apparent confidence in his rig to handle it. And 11 marks and 5 snags. Fair effort.

Cowan was impressive too. Lots of good ball in offense, tackles in defense and just generally getting it from any location, inside or outside.
The kind of game ive see from him in spurts - glad to see him get thru a full one. Needs to build on that for the rest of the year uninterupted. Ive back ed him in a long time but called him done at years end if he could not get back out there. Id be happy to see him go again provided he stays available for selection at any level for the rest of the year.

Parsons, Hayball, Cornell, Gardner all impressed me to varying degrees - with Gardner leading that pack. Im not expecting anything from them till really mid next year or even later - but I will say that each brings a quality to the table that with time, size and development could help us in the long run. Of course they all might not get such luxuries - but there is something there if they do IMO.

Stewart, Sexton, House. All 3 of these blokes have put themselves on the map if not at GFC then elsewhere. House was, to borrow from Garry Lyon in the 11 GF, going to "pluck everything including a seagull". Great reading of the ball in flight and not afraid to put the body into the contest to mark it.
And a great kicking action too. 195cm I think they said he was. Ill take that for sure.
Stewart plays as thought Scarlo is right behind him telling him what to so and how to do it. Great attack on the ball and good hands. Not sure he's good enough to make it to the highest level - that said dont mind giving him a chance.
Sexton is the smallest of the three but I just like the way he goes about it. Plays hard, good skills and never seemed to take a backward step.

If we can keep that group together, having lost games by 2 and 7 I think, we can make an impact in the top 8 later in the year.

As for the other AFL listed, Lang was a class above and Vardy had his best collection of efforts for a while.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back