Game Day vfl vs Essendon 2.30pm at mcg

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL R9: Post-Match​

Richmond Media catch up with VFL Senior Coach Steve Morris and Noah Cumberland after the Tigers 2 point win against Essendon
Published 3 days ago
Tyler Sonsie (28 disposals, seven inside-50s, six rebound-50s)

"He's been playing down back over the last two weeks and I thought we saw some really good in his defensive work which was pleasing. He had a big impact on the game late when he went into the midfield."

Cam Olden (22 disposals, 10 contested possessions, six tackles, four clearances, one goal)

"Loving what Cam's doing on the inside. He's tough and he's really important for us around the contest. He led us in contested possessions and was a big reason why we were able to win the game."

Lachlan Street (21 disposals, four clearances, four inside-50s)

"He's been really consistent of late. He continues to find the footy and leads this team really strongly."

Sam Banks (19 disposals, eight contested possessions, five tackles, one goal)

"I thought Sam had another really good game. It was really pleasing to see him have five tackles and eight contested possessions which is an area we've identified for him to focus on. I thought he was outstanding in that space on the weekend."

Billy Cooper (18 disposals, four inside-50s, two score assists)

"Billy's a player that can cover the ground really well. He invests in our defence and was able to play a role for us on the wing at different stages on the weekend, which is great for him to have the flexibility to play multiple roles."

Noah Cumberland (17 disposals, eight marks, five inside-50s, four goals)

"Noah won the Sir Doug Nicholls Award for best on ground on the weekend. His defensive acts were particularly pleasing and I thought he started the game really well with a great aerial contest and contested mark inside 50. But, it was his ability to lean into his team and provide energy right throughout the day."

James Trezise (16 disposals, five tackles, four rebound-50s)

"We played him up forward in the first half and he had little influence, however his second half was just outstanding. He won some really important contests and nullified some others, and tackled really well."

Tom Brindley (15 disposals, four marks, four clearances)

"It was an interesting day for Tom, we played him as a midfielder as well as a key forward. I thought he was able to exploit the opposition aerially and his run and spread from contest was really noticeable."

Misilifi Faimalo (13 disposals, four marks, four tackles)

"I thought his game on the weekend was the best game for the year. He's starting to learn what patterns to run and was doing that selflessly throughout the day. His pressure around the footy is second to none."

Max Clohesy (13 disposals, three marks, two tackles)

"He was really solid again, he's having a really good season and has really progressed his footy, His hands at ground level are brilliant and he covers the ground well."

Ben Miller (13 disposals, 14 hit-outs, four clearances, one goal)

"His last quarter was outstanding. He competed well and played a really smart last few minutes when the game was on the line, and was a big reason why we were able to hang on in the dying stages."

inside-50s, one goal)

"Had some big moments. He's not too far away from breaking a game apart and hopefully with some continuity in his football that's around the corner."

Jacob Bauer (12 disposals, five rebound-50s, three marks)

"Jacob's contest work is as good as we have at the Club, but I'd love to see him give himself more opportunities to compete in those contests. But, he equally had some super aerial contests in which he was able to nullify."

Angus Hicks (11 disposals, six tackles, three marks)

"Played a couple of different roles for us on the day, high half-forward as well as midfield. What did stand out on the day was his tackle pressure around the midfield. He's a smart player who uses the ball beautifully."

Harrison White (11 disposals, four inside-50s, one goal)

"While he didn't have his best day, we saw his class on show with a beautiful finish from deep in the pocket in the first quarter which really highlighted what he is capable of."

Tylar Young (10 disposals, three rebound-50s, three marks)

"Really solid game from Tylar after a couple of weeks out with injury. He was on managed game time and did a great job defensively. His next challenge is to use his speed and athleticism to create a bit more for us on offence."

Bigoa Nyuon (10 disposals, four marks, one goal)

"Those who saw him play on the weekend would have been buoyed by his contest forward of the footy. I thought he was a really dangerous option for us up forward and could have easily kicked another couple of goals."

Luke Teal (10 disposals, two marks, two rebound-50s)

"Was solid in defence, but I'd be looking for him to influence more offensively. He's a really talented player and he's just going to continue to develop at this level."

Matt Clarkson (10 disposals, three inside-50s, two rebound-50s)

"He's a beautiful user of the footy both by hand and foot, and he made some good decisions on the day. A fantastic experience for him to play his first game on the MCG."

Brad Melville (nine disposals, three clearances, three inside-50s)

"Brad's had a fantastic block of footy for us and he probably had a little bit of a down day playing a different role throughout the midfield. He probably didn't have the influence I was hoping for him to have, but I think it's crucial that he learns different roles and that just was another step in his development as a leader."

Steely Green (seven disposals, four marks)

"Interesting one for Steely. He had a good impact on the game with some really crucial contests and moments. I'm really excited by what he can do, he has a huge tank and blistering speed."

Fraser Elliot (six disposals, one mark, one inside-50)

"He played down back and was a little bit off defensively. We have high standards of him and he's a real team player."

VFL R9: Post-Match​

Richmond Media catch up with VFL Senior Coach Steve Morris and Noah Cumberland after the Tigers 2 point win against Essendon
Published 3 days ago
Tyler Sonsie (28 disposals, seven inside-50s, six rebound-50s)

"He's been playing down back over the last two weeks and I thought we saw some really good in his defensive work which was pleasing. He had a big impact on the game late when he went into the midfield."

Cam Olden (22 disposals, 10 contested possessions, six tackles, four clearances, one goal)

"Loving what Cam's doing on the inside. He's tough and he's really important for us around the contest. He led us in contested possessions and was a big reason why we were able to win the game."

Lachlan Street (21 disposals, four clearances, four inside-50s)

"He's been really consistent of late. He continues to find the footy and leads this team really strongly."

Sam Banks (19 disposals, eight contested possessions, five tackles, one goal)

"I thought Sam had another really good game. It was really pleasing to see him have five tackles and eight contested possessions which is an area we've identified for him to focus on. I thought he was outstanding in that space on the weekend."

Billy Cooper (18 disposals, four inside-50s, two score assists)

"Billy's a player that can cover the ground really well. He invests in our defence and was able to play a role for us on the wing at different stages on the weekend, which is great for him to have the flexibility to play multiple roles."

Noah Cumberland (17 disposals, eight marks, five inside-50s, four goals)

"Noah won the Sir Doug Nicholls Award for best on ground on the weekend. His defensive acts were particularly pleasing and I thought he started the game really well with a great aerial contest and contested mark inside 50. But, it was his ability to lean into his team and provide energy right throughout the day."

James Trezise (16 disposals, five tackles, four rebound-50s)

"We played him up forward in the first half and he had little influence, however his second half was just outstanding. He won some really important contests and nullified some others, and tackled really well."

Tom Brindley (15 disposals, four marks, four clearances)

"It was an interesting day for Tom, we played him as a midfielder as well as a key forward. I thought he was able to exploit the opposition aerially and his run and spread from contest was really noticeable."

Misilifi Faimalo (13 disposals, four marks, four tackles)

"I thought his game on the weekend was the best game for the year. He's starting to learn what patterns to run and was doing that selflessly throughout the day. His pressure around the footy is second to none."

Max Clohesy (13 disposals, three marks, two tackles)

"He was really solid again, he's having a really good season and has really progressed his footy, His hands at ground level are brilliant and he covers the ground well."

Ben Miller (13 disposals, 14 hit-outs, four clearances, one goal)

"His last quarter was outstanding. He competed well and played a really smart last few minutes when the game was on the line, and was a big reason why we were able to hang on in the dying stages."

inside-50s, one goal)

"Had some big moments. He's not too far away from breaking a game apart and hopefully with some continuity in his football that's around the corner."

Jacob Bauer (12 disposals, five rebound-50s, three marks)

"Jacob's contest work is as good as we have at the Club, but I'd love to see him give himself more opportunities to compete in those contests. But, he equally had some super aerial contests in which he was able to nullify."

Angus Hicks (11 disposals, six tackles, three marks)

"Played a couple of different roles for us on the day, high half-forward as well as midfield. What did stand out on the day was his tackle pressure around the midfield. He's a smart player who uses the ball beautifully."

Harrison White (11 disposals, four inside-50s, one goal)

"While he didn't have his best day, we saw his class on show with a beautiful finish from deep in the pocket in the first quarter which really highlighted what he is capable of."

Tylar Young (10 disposals, three rebound-50s, three marks)

"Really solid game from Tylar after a couple of weeks out with injury. He was on managed game time and did a great job defensively. His next challenge is to use his speed and athleticism to create a bit more for us on offence."

Bigoa Nyuon (10 disposals, four marks, one goal)

"Those who saw him play on the weekend would have been buoyed by his contest forward of the footy. I thought he was a really dangerous option for us up forward and could have easily kicked another couple of goals."

Luke Teal (10 disposals, two marks, two rebound-50s)

"Was solid in defence, but I'd be looking for him to influence more offensively. He's a really talented player and he's just going to continue to develop at this level."

Matt Clarkson (10 disposals, three inside-50s, two rebound-50s)

"He's a beautiful user of the footy both by hand and foot, and he made some good decisions on the day. A fantastic experience for him to play his first game on the MCG."

Brad Melville (nine disposals, three clearances, three inside-50s)

"Brad's had a fantastic block of footy for us and he probably had a little bit of a down day playing a different role throughout the midfield. He probably didn't have the influence I was hoping for him to have, but I think it's crucial that he learns different roles and that just was another step in his development as a leader."

Steely Green (seven disposals, four marks)

"Interesting one for Steely. He had a good impact on the game with some really crucial contests and moments. I'm really excited by what he can do, he has a huge tank and blistering speed."

Fraser Elliot (six disposals, one mark, one inside-50)

"He played down back and was a little bit off defensively. We have high standards of him and he's a real team player."
Where's Bradtke mate? I think after 9 years on BF and reading all of Rioli2Rioli high hopes he finally may have found one. lol;) Really looked good on the lead and although he's lacking match fitness and experience he competed all day bringing the ball to the ground to our smalls. Should get better with two more games under is belt, but the bye was at the wrong time for him.

Where's Bradtke mate? I think after 9 years on BF and reading all of Rioli2Rioli high hopes he finally may have found one. lol;) Really looked good on the lead and although he's lacking match fitness and experience he competed all day bringing the ball to the ground to our smalls. Should get better with two more games under is belt, but the bye was at the wrong time for him.
Damn I left him out. I was copying and pasting around all the other sh!t between the players write ups and missed him 😡

Agree he’ll get better with game time, fitness still needs some work. Plenty to like though 👍

Here you go TI.

Kaelan Bradtke (12 disposals, four tackles, four inside-50s, one goal)

Thanks for the Praise but not too sure i deserve that :D

Lets hope he does become a reasonable player and we have an option up foward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back