Autopsy VFLW 2nd Semi Final, 2021: Geelong v Southern Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Recap of our elimination final win;

Will update with venue and date details when available. Winner plays in the prelim against the loser of Collingwood v Essendon.

Their best shots have been a complete breakdown from the centre square ruck, that really needs addressing. Once is fine, but thrice, not so much, game opened up a little that quarter.

Still 3.3 to 1.4 and 11 point lead at the half, they've given it a fair shake and game is theirs if they keep up this tempo.

We have some nice ball movement, and our work around the packs is good. Hopefully we don't run out of steam because we're looking good here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge final quarter coming up for the girls, Geelong came back as good sides do but it's all set up for us here.

3qtr Time

Geelong 22
Saints 21

Disgusting quarter. 2 goals to nada.

Cats take the lead by a point, we lost all structure just trying not to break.
When we finally got the ball past halfway and there was literally no Saints there to receive I realised how much harder we were having to work to stay even this quarter.

Playing in concrete and going to the boundary line, not a good sign. Still there if we use whatever energy is left wisely. Just the 3 AFLW Saints out there I think.

When we finally got the ball past halfway and there was literally no Saints there to receive I realised how much harder we were having to work to stay even this quarter.

Yeah, Cats always had the inside but we had outside and options. That quarter was more, they took both and we went "whelp. We're flooding" as a response. Which was not great.

Playing in concrete and going to the boundary line, not a good sign. Still there if we use whatever energy is left wisely. Just the 3 AFLW Saints out there I think.
The kicking to the boundary worries me too. Looks like we’re afraid to take the game on. No chance of scoring if we just chip it around

Whelp, that's me done. AFL feed decided to die in the arse with 4 mins left in the match, well done you monkeys.

Assuming the Cats will hold / have held, was great for at least half a footy match though. Well done girls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back