Unofficial Preview VFLW Invitational Match - Pies v Giants (3pm Sun 11 Aug) @ Victoria Park - LIVE STREAM!

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
VFL Women's Invitational Match - Collingwood VFLW v GWS Giants Women's.

DATE:
Sunday, 11th August 2019
VENUE: Victoria Park
Double-Header: Yes, following Pies V Casey VFL Men's match
START and FINISH: 3pm start, finish approx. 4.50pm

RADIO, TV or LIVE STREAM:
Radio - RSN Carnival 2 digital radio in Melbourne, 89.1 FM at the ground and WARFRadio.com
Live Stream - Facebook.com/WARFRadio

TEAMS:

Collingwood

B: 52. N. Hales, 12. S. Livingstone, 72. K. Lee
HB: 23. L. Butler, 15. E. Fowler, 32. G. Gourlay
C: 51. A. Curley, 17. S. Chiocci, 35. M. Shevlin
HF: 25. M. Cann, 62. J. Stramandinoli, 63. P. Nash
F: 24. S. Alexander, 46. S. Dargan, 16. K. Lynch
R: 11. E. Hynes, 2. C. Molloy, 13. J. Lambert
Int: 50. G. Buchan, 22. S. Casey, 70. J. Ferguson, 71. G. Lagioia, 1. S. Layton
Emg: 55. C. Bunker, 66. A. Porter

GWS
B: 24. C. Hammond, 9. T. Hetherington, 15. L. Whiteley
HB: 21. S. Halvorsen, 28. A. Hamilton, 20. L. Houghton
C: 18. A. Farrugia, 2. A. Eva, 8. L. Steane
HF: 23. T. Mackrill, 6. R. Privitelli, 11. A. Schmidt
F: 30. D. Gisu, 26. J. Parry, 25. I. Nielsen
R: 1. J. Allan, 4. A. Parker, 32. B. Tully
Int: 5. J. Hicks, 12. L. Stephenson, 34. E. Todd
23P: 17. E. Sheeri

How does this work? Didn’t think there was a NEAFL women’s comp? (Hence NT Thunder being in VFLW)

How have GWS formed a team? Is it just for this game?

(Great idea by the way, our VFL team should play these during VFL byes)

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
How does this work? Didn’t think there was a NEAFL women’s comp? (Hence NT Thunder being in VFLW)

How have GWS formed a team? Is it just for this game?

(Great idea by the way, our VFL team should play these during VFL byes)

GWS last year split their squad (and extras) into North and South sides, then played against the Lions and Suns.

This year, most of the GWS AFLW squad (with NSW/ACT top ups) played a 5 game series against VFLW teams.

Most of the games have been one-sided because the VFLW teams rested their better (or AFLW) talent, but here it seems the Pies are going in with close to a full-strength side.

It was freezing. I was there from 12. Watched the VFL and stayed until half way into this game. With the pouring rain, the temperature felt like it dropped 10 degrees. I was too cold to stay. But good to see the girls win, in the horrible conditions.

It was freezing. I was there from 12. Watched the VFL and stayed until half way into this game. With the pouring rain, the temperature felt like it dropped 10 degrees. I was too cold to stay. But good to see the girls win, in the horrible conditions.
You lasted longer than I did, unfortunately I had other things to do around the house, so left after the VFL.

You lasted longer than I did, unfortunately I had other things to do around the house, so left after the VFL.

It seemed to get colder after the VFL. Didn't feel that bad at times during the mens game, but then about half way into the first quarter of this game it poured down and the wind picked up. My legs were freezing. I figured it was best to walk home. I trusted the girls had everything under control, even in those conditions; which they did.

It seemed to get colder after the VFL. Didn't feel that bad at times during the mens game, but then about half way into the first quarter of this game it poured down and the wind picked up. My legs were freezing. I figured it was best to walk home. I trusted the girls had everything under control, even in those conditions; which they did.

I listened to a bit of the commentary which mentioned that GWS was largely an AFLW team and had won all their other invitational games. Impressive effort by our VFLW girls to beat them

I listened to a bit of the commentary which mentioned that GWS was largely an AFLW team and had won all their other invitational games. Impressive effort by our VFLW girls to beat them
Also I believe its the first game coached by the new AFLW coach.

Back