Review VFLW round 2, 2017: Box Hill Hawks v VU Western Spurs, 14 May 2017, 3.00pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks play their first ever home game against VU Western Spurs. It was a memorable (if somewhat disappointing) first game for the Hawks last weekend, so here's hoping that the Hawks can step up on their home deck against a club that has existed since 1993 and which enjoyed a victory last weekend over Cranbourne.

Teams to follow.

I'll be going along. Should be a great day, especially if the fog lifts !

Would love some score updates from time to time.
Hoping next year to attend some Box Hill games myself. Son in law (long story) is building a new house in Melbourne, with accommodation for my wife and me.

Since we are a newly formed club, I'd like to know a little about our opposition.

Hawthorn men started very poorly all those years ago, so take heart ladies, the best is yet to come; and if you are able to follow the men, you are building the foundation of something great. Keep at it.

The girls tried hard but were outgunned by a stronger and more disciplined team - simple as that ! There were a few positives however and the coaches can definitely work with those. There would have easily been 200 or so watching at the first bounce. We'll go along to watch them again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back