Coaching Staff VFLW Senior Coach: Brendan Major - Stepping away after five years and a premiership

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
Last week I caught up with Brendan Major to ask how the squad was coming along, and preparing a team coming off the back of a year of no footy in Victoria.

FYI - The VFLW season begins February 27/28 and runs through to Mid-July.

Continues as VFLW Senior Coach and takes on a role as Coach and Player Development Manager across the AFLW/VFLW programs.

Bruns15

Draftee
Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Continues as VFLW Senior Coach and takes on a role as Coach and Player Development Manager across the AFLW/VFLW programs.

What happened to these 2 staff members? Get through season undefeated, win a Premiership, then gone.

What happened to these 2 staff members? Get through season undefeated, win a Premiership, then gone.
Miller went to pursue other opportunities. I think Major left because he didn’t get the gig in the AFLW after everything he achieved with the VFLW… which is no good, the players will likely follow him wherever he goes.

Bruns15

Draftee
Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Miller went to pursue other opportunities. I think Major left because he didn’t get the gig in the AFLW after everything he achieved with the VFLW… which is no good, the players will likely follow him wherever he goes.
Thank you.

Telling us what we already knew:
After five seasons and most recently a VFLW Premiership, Brendan Major has made the decision to step away from the VFLW program for 2023 and beyond.

The Bombers would also like to thank Brendan Major for his contribution to the club over the past five years, taking the team from an inaugural side in 2018 to undefeated Premiers in 2022.

General Manager of Football Josh Mahoney thanked Major for his contribution to the club.

“Brendan’s impact at the club has been immense. From building a program from scratch and recording only one win in our first season to five years later being undefeated Premiers is an incredible achievement,” Mahoney said.

“We thank Brendan for his dedication, contribution and involvement in the Essendon Football Club and we wish him all the best with his future endeavors.”
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/1233513/

Back