Viagogo yay or nay

Remove this Banner Ad

wcegls

Team Captain
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys
So couldn’t get my hands on tickets for the melb vs West Coast PF through Ticketmaster . There are a few tickets on viagogo (yes expensive but I don’t care) will they be legit? Or will I be the victim of a scam and left standing at the gate ?

I know quite a few people who successfully bought tickets off viagogo for a festival but I'm not sure about AFL tickets.

I know quite a few people who successfully bought tickets off viagogo for a festival but I'm not sure about AFL tickets.
I think I’ve qccidentally bought them not realising previously and all was fine but might be a case of my memory being scratchy.

Definitely remember paying non-standard and grossly inflated prices for a home and away game v West Coast at Subi one year.

Prob nay but if you want to risk a chance, make sure you are there before gates open be first in to scan so if it has been sold multiple times you are the one to scan in. And dont leave! As scanning out could coincide with someone else scanning in.

29f.jpg

Hey guys
So couldn’t get my hands on tickets for the melb vs West Coast PF through Ticketmaster . There are a few tickets on viagogo (yes expensive but I don’t care) will they be legit? Or will I be the victim of a scam and left standing at the gate ?
I've got some good contatcs over in the West. Can hook you up legitimately.

How many are you after?

All good! I wrote a Facebook status asking if anyone had tickets and a mates friend had 2 to sell! $180 ea but worth it in my eyes- good seats too
Well done mate. Bloody brilliant. Should be a cracking contest.

Enjoy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, Viagogo is a grubby system but generally speaking the tickets will be legit. For starters they don't pay the seller until a week after the event in order to give the buyer an opportunity to report any ticket that doesn't get them entry into the event.

I have bought tickets on there before. It's a ripoff but I have never had any issues.

I will add that the AFL has a lot to answer for here. 40,000 tickets were allocated to club members, with another 20,000 or so to AFL members.

That means that 40,000 tickets or thereabouts are for MCC/Corporate...which as far as I am concerned is disgusting.
Pretty sure there is 22,500 AFL reserve seats and 22,500 MCC seats.
Then theres 50,000 Club members/GA areas. If 40,000 were made available to club members then that means 10,000 were corporate seats not available for public sale.

This drops to 30,000 for the Grand Final when the AFL takes up 20,000 for corporate purposes. Joke.

If people stopped using parasites like this there wouldnt be parasites like this.
When the alternative is missing out you’d understand why people are willing to though. Especially if they have the finances to afford it.

If people stopped using parasites like this there wouldnt be parasites like this.
Buying a finite commodity with the intent to sell for a higher price. It's just the sharemarket or the practice of flipping houses with a different skin.

Buying a finite commodity with the intent to sell for a higher price. It's just the sharemarket or the practice of flipping houses with a different skin.
Dress it in whatever clothes you like - its parasite behaviour. They offer no value adding - nothing but leeches.

When you buy shares you hope they will go up - or at least you get a return.

Dress it in whatever clothes you like - its parasite behaviour. They offer no value adding - nothing but leeches.

They’re essentially arbitragers of a finite commodity, taking advantage of a difference between cost and market value.

They’re also scumbags and parasites, I agree, but this problem will arise while the tickets are sold below their market value. People who miss out will be willing to pay more.

What value adding do people who trade shares contribute?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back