Vic Bias - AFL Website

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone other than Adelaide supporters would melt if you got pick 2 for Brad Crouch and it wouldn't be for nothing either.
Now imagine Richmond were losing Crouch.

Throw in Gold Coast priority draft pick.
Throw in a few bids on NGA talent (Bulldogs, Swans, You)

You going to tell me he's worth at BEST 23?

Best thing is give the Crows pick 2, and redo how compensation is done for 2021 as this situation is showing one of the major flaws in the system.

Once you click the link you can understand exactly why it's listed there.

Historically it was a league wide award for many years.

The issue is the list on the website is incomplete and doesn't reflect the history of the award.

The Morrish Medal was first presented the year after the formation of the League thirds competition and was awarded to the player voted best and fairest in that grade by the field umpires. It perpetuates the memory of long-serving (1922) reserve grade treasurer Tom Morrish.

In 1959 the competition was renamed the VFL 19s. In April 1992 three players, who had previously been eliminated on a countback, were awarded medals retrospectively for seasons 1961, 1974 and 1976. Since 1991 the medal has been presented to the TAC Cup under-18s player of the season.

The Larke medal should be listed too but just how miserable do you have to be to really care about what sections of the internet list certain things.

Brisbane and Port had the rails run to a flag this year. How's that for bias?

Getting upset about an omission from one of the worst sporting websites in the world?!!? You need to go back and read the “last time I cried” series and realize how petty your concerns are about the Larkes Tongue in Aspic (or whatever....) medal.

Getting upset about an omission from one of the worst sporting websites in the world?!!? You need to go back and read the “last time I cried” series and realize how petty your concerns are about the Larkes Tongue in Aspic (or whatever....) medal.

LOL I'm not crying myself to sleep about it. I get how petty it looks/sounds, it might even be the work experience kid that worked on that section of the site. Who really knows, but what i don't understand is the response from people. "Get Over it." etc "live with it its never going to change" "How miserable do you have to be..." Should your response not be something more like, yeh it should probably be included, or no it shouldn't with some kind of evidence, or i don't know even just scroll past, no one compels you to respond.

Are you all blind to the fact that inter-staters get treated like crap consciously and subconsciously or do you just refuse to acknowledge it? The fact that we even call it inter staters...

Maybe you didn’t get my sarcasm. I actually agree that the AFL website SHOULD highlight the Larke Medal. The problem is that the website would rather drone on endlessly about peripheral crap like “the last time I cried” rather than actually covering football.

I think the afl website has never been better and doesn't favour any particular side. I also love every time they update the site and make it better clap clap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another club is rebuilding by the way...and to not care and hinder the other clubs (such as mine) by not letting them having the choice that they should have is embarrassing. Second last should have second choice but you do not understand that.
Might want to go explain this to a few of your fellow North supporters.

You know, I have the distinct feeling that if Cripps was a Victorian playing in WA at the moment, this article wouldn't exist

It’s ok - by the time such a clause was in place we’d be calling it the ‘Rowell Rule’ and we’d all be celebrating Matt Rowell spending his career with GC....right?...

The absolutely farcical thing is that after 30 years of the Victorian state based competition expanding to a national competition we still have media pushing old state based narratives. They’ve completely failed, along with the AFL, in expanding their business to rivalries that would grow their products.

Perfect example is the Collingwood/Port prison bar debate. It should be a massive rivalry but instead it’s a stoush over a jumper. If that narrative had been fostered to grow it could be huge by now. Instead it’s a childish slanging match between two media personalities.

The media organisations have completely failed in business 101. Grow and expand your customer base.

I’ve become old well before my time... I’ve written a letter to the AFL twice and had my say on a few radio broadcasts but the fact is it still hasn’t changed. So now I’m going to rant to the internet.... I would love to hear from a few traditional vfl victorians on this matter.

Can someone please explain to me, why we have a category for the Morrish Medal for thebest TAC player ( a medal exclusive to victorians) but not have a medal category for the larke medal (the best under 18 in Australia) link above.

This is the type of crap that Victorian supporters (not all) don’t get. It isn’t the vfl anymore but the subconscious bias is always there....

Rant over :)

Can a player from a Victorian AFL team win the Glendenning Medal?

Maybe they don't have a link for the Larke Medal because it would remind everyone of this winner from WA.

Are you all blind to the fact that inter-staters get treated like crap consciously and subconsciously or do you just refuse to acknowledge it? The fact that we even call it inter staters...

Is this you having a joke Mark McGowan?

How were inter-staters treated by WA people, led by the Premier in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back