Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
I only just saw this on the news tonight. Maybe the vision makes it more abhorrent, but it made my blood boil:

Ahmed Popal, a bouncer at a Prahran nightclub, who punched a woman in the face as part of a 'vicious and cowardly' attack has escaped with a suspended jail term.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/business/16870771/bouncer-escapes-jail-after-vicious-assault/

Unfortunately he only received a fine and suspended sentence.

It's a pity that this pathetic excuse for a human didn't get the chance to go to jail. Perhaps then he would have received some of his own medicine.

I know I'd love to meet him. Then he could experience being beaten by someone twice his size.

What a gutless, pathetic piece of s**t.

Disgusted he only received a suspended sentence. What sort of example does that set to everyone else?
Truly, the law is sometimes an ass.

I may upset a few people here but when I was a younger bloke in the mid to late 80s in particular and early 90s I saw a few instances of a bouncer giving a woman a smack in the chops and thought each time it was warranted.

Drunk women swearing, spitting, kicking and hitting bouncers who in each instance would try repeatedly to calm them down and when all failed would give them a belt in the head. In every instance, the woman would stop straight away. Not once did groups of men come in to remonstrate, the common theme used to be, 'If she wants to act like a man then she can be treated like one' It was never repeated punching and such, it would be a quick jab or backhander to basically get their attention and get them to calm down and then they'd be sent on their way. Mostly there'd be tears and a bit more screeching, but physically they'd calm down and leave.

*probably should have commented after I watched it first. Pretty ordinary.

And yet no one in this thread will be abused unlike me in the prison rape thread

Pretty ordinary but all bouncers are thugs... At least the ones I've meet.

Interesting little video.

Ironic, if that had been a cop the woman decided to jump all over his back...she would have been charged with assault, probably after copping a full wack of some smelly gas in her gob for her trouble as well.

Does make my blood boil.... but for entirely different reasons.

WTF was he suppossed to do?

You do not jump on a crowdie's back whilst they are trying to gain control of some piece of shite. It is the most vunerable position for any crowdie and just something you cannot accept under any circumstances.

Would have been another nothing incident if she hadnt involved herself.

She didnt get the message the first time he jumped on his back.

She got it the second time.

His only mistake was to close the fist on the 2nd strike. It worked, she got the message, just worked a little too well.

Note: He didnt go her whilst she was down. She was there for the taking if he wanted to continue he could have made a complete mess of her, but he didnt.

Thumbs up to the two people in the video are doing the right thing showing palms up and open, the right way to get involved without being a threat.

When I was in security I was always told if you are going to hit someone use an open hand

I no longer work on the industry or drink I just hate drunks in general now lol

Interesting little video.

Ironic, if that had been a cop the woman decided to jump all over his back...she would have been charged with assault, probably after copping a full wack of some smelly gas in her gob for her trouble as well.

Does make my blood boil.... but for entirely different reasons.

WTF was he suppossed to do?

You do not jump on a crowdie's back whilst they are trying to gain control of some piece of shite. It is the most vunerable position for any crowdie and just something you cannot accept under any circumstances.

Would have been another nothing incident if she hadnt involved herself.

She didnt get the message the first time he jumped on his back.

She got it the second time.

His only mistake was to close the fist on the 2nd strike. It worked, she got the message, just worked a little too well.

Note: He didnt go her whilst she was down. She was there for the taking if he wanted to continue he could have made a complete mess of her, but he didnt.

Thumbs up to the two people in the video are doing the right thing showing palms up and open, the right way to get involved without being a threat.

The video shown here is longer from the one shown on the news. The news showed the girl getting wacked only, it didn't show the full lead up of her pulling him off, quite strongly and throwing her own little whack in the bouncers direction.

The 2nd punch was too hard though for the circumstances and he probably could have tried a subdueing technique. But given it was not a random assault the fact the woman was not just a willing participant but in fact the instigator of the fight and pulled him off her D Head friend with a bit of force and came back for her own little whack at him and contrary to one report he didn't go her on the ground . Given those factors we don't know this guy is a general danger to the community, taken in isolation this event does not point to this guy been a threat to the community at large. However not knowing what the previous conviction was for, if it was for something serious it could change the circumstances of the sentencing.

Always amazes me when Bouncers and such do this, I mean, surely they know there is a camera above them , and that it is working. Dumb as dog s**t some of these bouncers, big fat brain dead pieces of s**t.

So the patron going under the rope started this, what is wrong with going under the rope?

So the patron going under the rope started this, what is wrong with going under the rope?

The guy who went under the rope put his arm around one of the bouncers for a friendly "drunk" chat.

Then they laid into him.

His girlfriend tried to get them to stop. And she was just about knocked out.

The bouncer was just looking for a fight - with anyone.

These clowns are simply high school dropouts with a brain the size of a peanut, and the fact that they are so far up themselves is actually funny. What a career.

He used the excuse that he had been fasting for Ramadam or some horseshit. Send him back to his own country. Farck off.

He used the excuse that he had been fasting for Ramadam or some horseshit. Send him back to his own country. Farck off.
The knob also had a prior assault conviction.
Now he wants to become an accountant.Yeah like anyone is going to trust him with money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the punch was a bit over the top but eh...dont jump on a bouncers back and then come back for more after youve already been 'warned' and you (probably) wont get ktfo.

For that you need to know how to count.

Perhaps he should try for a job as a cleaner.

You got too much to say pal.

you criticize one person for being a dickhead, then go of making dickhead statements like this.

Just because you might think you're smarter than most doesn't mean you're any better at putting your brain in gear before your mouth than he is.

You got too much to say pal.

you criticize one person for being a dickhead, then go of making dickhead statements like this.

Just because you might think you're smarter than most doesn't mean you're any better at putting your brain in gear before your mouth than he is.

You a bouncer then?

Having watched the video contained in the link I can say that I've got no trouble with that love tap the lady received. She made the decision to go back for seconds -- buy the ticket, take the ride.

Bouncers are usually scum of course, but even scumbags are allowed to defend themselves.

You could argue that the woman put herself on the line when she pulled him back after he'd initially shoved her out of the way.. But yeah any thug can hit a woman, a real bloke would have calmly moved her aside and kept her clear of harms way.

I worked on the door at a few prominent clubs/bars in the 90's and after being out of that (moonlighting) for over 15 years it doesnt suprise me that this still happens.

161 was the nightclub. Surprised it happened there, I go there pretty often and never had any trouble. Most of the bouncers seemed like good blokes to.

As was mentioned earlier, and I've never worked as a bouncer but I have worked in clubs as a musician, he wasn't given much choice once they started jumping in and around him. Like a lot of bouncers he's probably a bit of a "hero", but he's also there to keep the w***ers out. The woman, as most women do, obviously assumed that bouncers won't hit women - they'll deter anyone who poses a threat. And it is their job after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back