Vic earthquake - wtf?

It is the strongest earthquake recorded in Victoria since a magnitude 5.7 event was recorded at Mt Hotham in May 1966, and the first recorded since a magnitude 5.4 earthquake in the Gippsland town of Moe in 2012.

Felt pretty strong in Dandenong, lasted about 15 seconds felt it move from one side of the house to the other

Mates from Cali hit me up laughing
A mate just went for his morning coffee walk. As he got his coffee the Japanese girl that served him said with a casual shrug ‘oh it made me think of home’.

Was it Recorded?
Sadly no. Would've been a great case study for the next meeting on the topic.

On another note, many moons ago I was an exchange student in California and was woken one night by an earthquake that was so strong it threw me out of my bed. I actually had a dream about that last night.

**Cue Twilight Zone theme music**

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It is the strongest earthquake recorded in Victoria since a magnitude 5.7 event was recorded at Mt Hotham in May 1966, and the first recorded since a magnitude 5.4 earthquake in the Gippsland town of Moe in 2012.

Yeh where were all the ITkers with this one?

My brother claims he was screaming at his kids to stop fighting over the tv remote when it hit.

For once it stopped the kids from fighting. A 12 second reprieve I'm sure he'll look back on as a cherished memory.

Didn't like feel it at Port Campbell.

My sister who is about 8 ks from Port Campbell felt it as did my other sister at South Purrumbete. They were on the phone to each other at the time and both reported that their furniture was shaking.

We certainly felt it here in Mitcham.

Back