Vic earthquake - wtf?

Remove this Banner Ad

My brother claims he was screaming at his kids to stop fighting over the tv remote when it hit.

For once it stopped the kids from fighting. A 12 second reprieve I'm sure he'll look back on as a cherished memory.

I was about to hook into the kids....haha
My first thought was, what the f... are they doing now.

Am I the only one who didn't feel it? I was driving in Vermont South - not far from home. My kids rang me straight away and I heard the reaction on the radio, but otherwise wouldn't have known about it.
My wife was also driving and didn't feel it.

So, on the basis of 100% of people I know who were driving at the time not feeling any effects, I can only conclude that if you want to survive an earthquake, jump in your car 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who didn't feel it? I was driving in Vermont South - not far from home. My kids rang me straight away and I heard the reaction on the radio, but otherwise wouldn't have known about it.
Well your shock absorbers work.

My brother who was driving didn't feel it. And a friend who was in his garden didn't feel it.

Was this just the result of Big Footy fans collectively jumping up and down at the news that Eddie Mazda has signed a 2 year contract extension!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sadly no. Would've been a great case study for the next meeting on the topic.

On another note, many moons ago I was an exchange student in California and was woken one night by an earthquake that was so strong it threw me out of my bed. I actually had a dream about that last night.

**Cue Twilight Zone theme music**
I was in Valparaiso Chile when one hit. The place was rocking and rolling and I ran in to check the kids who were a sleep in bunk beds. I was expecting to find them on the floor, or crying in fright but no, they slept through the whole thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back