SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ezgif.com-resize copy 24.gif

Glad you or your dog didn’t get hurt.
Hopefully the dogs will get caught unfortunately when they taste blood they are no good.
Maybe carry some protection if you go for a walk or just drive to a different area. Good luck 😉

It's not really as dramatic as that though - hundreds of years of selective breeding for certain traits just causes those traits to come out. We've bred retrievers to retrieve, and herding breeds to herd. So that's what they do. We created staffies from bull-baiting breeds specifically bred for tenacity and strength, and we crossed those with terriers bred specifically for tenacity and prey drive. Then we "pitted" these dogs against each other for over a hundred years for money greed and macho ego drive.

I love staffies as a breed, but it breaks my heart that so many of them just aren't safe because of what we've created. As a species, we need to take a good look at ourselves for the tragic circumstances we create for animals. Too many dogs suffer because of what we've deliberately created.

Anyways, sorry, rant over. I've just done a lot of work with abused animals throughout the course of my life. I tend to get a bit soap-boxy. I'll get down now, and let it return to the earthquake topic.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's really cool about the dream see see. I love it when stuff like that happens!

Anyway, hope everyone's okay down there. Yikes. Earthquake in the middle of a lockdown and pandemic must feel pretty darn weird.
Definitely the weirdest mid-pandemic lockdown earthquake I've experienced. 👍

I'm expecting the Fin Review to pen a glowing article within hours about how Gladys saved the rest of Australia from Vic's earthquake.
Lmao the fact that rag backed it up with that “Power” piece was a pisser

Back