• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny Bananas

Queensland's greatest love machine
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Victorian fans - suppose your club had to either merge with another Victorian team, relocate to a different state or get sent down to the VFL, which would be the least worst option in your opinion? Which two factors do you value most between an undiluted club identity, being able to go to games every week or seeing your club play at the highest level?

I considered drop down just so I could still watch my team live but there's no doubt the VFL is a big step down from the AFL. I'd rather still watch them play in the best league.

For me relocation would be the lesser of the three evils. The club is still intact, the history and large parts of the identity (I assume) would be intact, if you’re looking at the Swans example. And because there’s so many clubs in Victoria, you’d still get plenty of games to attend each year... plus air travel is generally less expensive these days, you could get to a home game or two each year pretty easily if you wanted to.

I can’t think of a club I’d want to merge with.

Relegation well... I already have a local club I support and watch. The standalone VFL clubs are basically just local clubs, so I imagine I’d grow less interested if Essendon became one.

do we need another relocate, merge VIC team thread's from a non-Vic supporter, can't you just regurgitate the same crap on one of the many already ongoing discussions on the same topic.

seems we need a support group

Relocate is the least worst option for me. The only time that I think I'll accept a merger is if that newly formed club is called Richmond Tigers, has a Tiger as their mascot and wears black and yellow.

do we need another relocate, merge VIC team thread's from a non-Vic supporter, can't you just regurgitate the same crap on one of the many already ongoing discussions on the same topic.

seems we need a support group
I did a search for it and couldn't find a single topic asking this particular question and having a poll associated with it. If you have an issue with people discussing topics on a football forum, try moving on with your life instead of complaining.

even one based on moving clubs within Melbourne

just because its a different topic headline and a poll attached, doesn't mean it needs a new thread designed to reign crap on the so-called parasites of the comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

even one based on moving clubs within Melbourne

One thread is to do with St Kilda's debt levels, one is to do with a review of the competition and one is to do with small clubs paying off Docklands Stadium. Absolutely none of them are specifically answering the question I had, and none of them have a poll to get a quick answer from people on which they see as the least worst option. So none of them were good places for this to be posted. Again, if you have issues with people discussing topics in football forums, try moving onto something else.

just because its a different topic headline and a poll attached, doesn't mean it needs a new thread designed to reign crap on the so-called parasites of the comp
You said it, not me. If you want to moan about how your club is castigated by others, I'm sure there are more suitable threads for it, because that's the not the topic of this one.

Victorian fans - suppose your club had to either merge with another Victorian team, relocate to a different state or get sent down to the VFL, which would be the least worst option in your opinion? Which two factors do you value most between an undiluted club identity, being able to go to games every week or seeing your club play at the highest level?
Why limit to Vic clubs? What would you like the AFL to do to Brisbane next time they drop down the ladder and membership craters?

Why limit to Vic clubs?
Because they're the only ones discussed as potentially needing to do any of the options above. No other part of the country is so crowded with AFL clubs.

What would you like the AFL to do to Brisbane next time they drop down the ladder and membership craters?
Merge. I enjoy being able to go to AFL games without needing to fly anywhere.

Back