Vic Greens trying to legislate more GF tix for supporting clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

How does the AFL account for the loss or revenue? Higher prices?

This is going to end up like Trumpcare. More people have access to GF tickets, but the higher price means that most can't afford it.

Its members of the competing clubs that get an opportunity at GF tickets, not Joe Public, as I understand this push.
The weakness is its the Greens natural enemy that is in the gun, the corporates, but (based on an interview I heard) they want 20,000 seats & I'm not sure 'the corporates' have that many seats - certainly all clubs have an allocation & generally sell them on for high priced packages.

Its hard to deny the members of the competing clubs are not being dudded under the current ticketing regime.

The grand final is the ultimate footy game for a supporter - people wait decades or a lifetime for their team to get a shot. As many GF seats as humanly possible should be taken up by fans of the two clubs that are playing. What's just 'a great day' or 'meh' for a neutral is a 'best day of my life' for a supporter.

Love how every grand final close to 100% of everyone on this board agrees corporates get too many tickets...suddenly the Greens propose a change and it is a terrible idea.

It's just pavlovian conditioning by the Herald Sun and commercial TV to immediately ridicule and disregard anything to do with the Greens. Propaganda works.

The grand final is the ultimate footy game for a supporter - people wait decades or a lifetime for their team to get a shot. As many GF seats as humanly possible should be taken up by fans of the two clubs that are playing. What's just 'a great day' or 'meh' for a neutral is a 'best day of my life' for a supporter.
:)Mind you we're still good, on the off chance.

Wow, some posters in this thread are politically clueless. The hatred for the Greens here could not be any more baseless.
Agreed. People hate the Greens on reputation without having any clue on what policies and values they represent. It's like Liberal voters constantly spewing the 'better financial managers' argument despite history and facts contradicting this claim. Vote on your values, not some idea you think exists because the party towed the line.

This proposal is a good one but I cannot see it getting far unfortunately.

Wow, the Greens aren't useless after all!

No, in truth beyond useless. Never will be in government so never actually have to worry about having to implement their bizarre agenda in the real world. This quote from the book, The Greens – Policies, Reality and Consequences, unpacks much of the agenda of the Greens in terms of their policies and the consequences for national prosperity.

"Taken as a whole, the impression given in reading these chapters is that the Greens have an uncontrollable urge to spend, almost everywhere and for everything; a mania for control – through legislation and regulation of both institutions and individuals; a disturbing and unwarranted confidence in central planning and belief that government knows best; an antagonism to initiatives by the private sector or individuals; and at best, a systematic and naïve misunderstanding, both historical and practical, of how the world works."

Love how every grand final close to 100% of everyone on this board agrees corporates get too many tickets...suddenly the Greens propose a change and it is a terrible idea.

No, the greens aren't doing anything but grandstanding as is their mo. The politically gullible who can't discern between empty opportunistic grandstanding and real political action for actual change might be impressed but all that does is demonstrate their gullibility. You can be all things to all people when you never actually have to govern

Agreed. People hate the Greens on reputation without having any clue on what policies and values they represent. It's like Liberal voters constantly spewing the 'better financial managers' argument despite history and facts contradicting this claim. Vote on your values, not some idea you think exists because the party towed the line.

This proposal is a good one but I cannot see it getting far unfortunately.

Where are we going with the tow Baz ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toe_the_line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Greens are the only ones who put things on the agenda that would otherwise be dismissed by the 2 big parties who are compromised by corporate affiliations. We could just let these things pass year after year until the GF is solely a corporate event or a party like the Greens can actually attempt to address the issue. Nobs on here showing their obvious political prejudices easily overlook the fact that 2 party politics is a disaster for true democracy and a 3rd party is essential in upsetting the status quo.

No, the greens aren't doing anything but grandstanding as is their mo. The politically gullible who can't discern between empty opportunistic grandstanding and real political action for actual change might be impressed but all that does is demonstrate their gullibility. You can be all things to all people when you never actually have to govern
I don't care about all that. All I am asking is, is it a good idea that club members have more access to grand final tickets? If it is a good idea, then support it. If it is not then don't.

Greens will also say anything in hopes they do get voted in just to turn Peter Garrett and serve two terms then retire on their lifetime (substantial) pensions.

And if they don't get voted in then they are free to blame both major parties for why things don't get done. Anyone who thinks any member of any party is not out to be as self serving as possible is mad. They care about us one day in every 4 years, that is how much we matter to them.

No party has all the right answers, some just like to think they do....

No, in truth beyond useless. Never will be in government so never actually have to worry about having to implement their bizarre agenda in the real world. This quote from the book, The Greens – Policies, Reality and Consequences, unpacks much of the agenda of the Greens in terms of their policies and the consequences for national prosperity.

"Taken as a whole, the impression given in reading these chapters is that the Greens have an uncontrollable urge to spend, almost everywhere and for everything; a mania for control – through legislation and regulation of both institutions and individuals; a disturbing and unwarranted confidence in central planning and belief that government knows best; an antagonism to initiatives by the private sector or individuals; and at best, a systematic and naïve misunderstanding, both historical and practical, of how the world works."

Lol a piece of propaganda swill written by an IPA stooge. Yep seems like real balanced and objective analysis, no emotive language whatsoever :tearsofjoy:

Greens will also say anything in hopes they do get voted in just to turn Peter Garrett and serve two terms then retire on their lifetime (substantial) pensions.

And if they don't get voted in then they are free to blame both major parties for why things don't get done. Anyone who thinks any member of any party is not out to be as self serving as possible is mad. They care about us one day in every 4 years, that is how much we matter to them.

No party has all the right answers, some just like to think they do....

Wrong forum mate, this one is footy ...

The average football fan is an idiot blue collar worker who votes liberal due to them skyrails and boats people and s**t ey so the general response to "The greens" in this thread is hardly surprising.

"We want this to change"

"They want this change so we'll introduce a bill to change this that will never get up and is a completely inappropriate act of government anyway, but signals our virtue brightly while the dashed hopes we raised will be taken out on either the afl or the government (aka someone actually with real responsibilities)"

"farken shameless"

I don't care about all that. All I am asking is, is it a good idea that club members have more access to grand final tickets? If it is a good idea, then support it. If it is not then don't.

The question is whether or not there is a role for government in achieving it. If no then what is the point of this act? I don't support political opportunists who prey on the gullible who "don't care about all that"

Typical greens policy ...

... allocating 20,000 extra seats to competing club members sounds like a wonderful idea in theory ...

... until you discover they're doing it by increasing the total ticket allocation to 120,000 for a stadium that only has 100,000 capacity. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back