Preview Vic vs All Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Ofcourse I sort of mentioned it as such why it just looked better, I wish that could happen somehow in the real season with stakes, going 100% and having a hard contest, and it really only occurs on grand final day if you're even lucky.

Its just not a great game to watch when its stoppages every minute and 16 players are sitting in the forward 50.
yea, i reckon you're right

What stood out like dogs balls was the fact that there was like 2 stoppages the entire game. And with that, the game looked 1000% better, and the scoreline showed it, and the umpires were letting the game just play at many stages.

Now I don't know if its because the coaches are so concerned about losing they play defensive to the extreme, or if its because a lot of the players in the league are s**t and can't put on a game of that skill level, or the lack of any real stakes in the game. Could be all of the above.

But what I saw tonight, was far more entertaining at stages than a good chunk of what you'd see through a season.

Something is amiss.

The way both sides set up was far different than normal games.

No full ground defensive presses. No flooding the ball at the few and far between ball ups.

Playing on at every opportunity.

The way both sides set up was far different than normal games.

No full ground defensive presses. No flooding the ball at the few and far between ball ups.

Playing on at every opportunity.

In a modern-day coaches mind, it sounds like game suicide to them I'm sure, but watching it, it felt just like watching some good free-flowing footy, end to end, forward presses, playing on to get things going.

In a modern-day coaches mind, it sounds like game suicide to them I'm sure, but watching it, it felt just like watching some good free-flowing footy, end to end, forward presses, playing on to get things going.

Reminded me of the 90’s.

One on one, end to end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back