Preview Vic vs All Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

I laugh at the attitude of not wanting our players to play. It’s such crap.

Players are doing match sim every week. You can’t cotton wool them. The risk of injury is out weighed by the benefits of playing under and along side some of the greats of the game, and being part of a massive occasion. Why deny our players to pull on an iconic jumper and play in front of a packed Marvel?

s**t, playing for Vic didn’t do Boomer any harm.

kelman

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I laugh at the attitude of not wanting our players to play. It’s such crap.

Players are doing match sim every week. You can’t cotton wool them. The risk of injury is out weighed by the benefits of playing under and along side some of the greats of the game, and being part of a massive occasion. Why deny our players to pull on an iconic jumper and play in front of a packed Marvel?

s**t, playing for Vic didn’t do Boomer any harm.

Agree. And I have such great memories of SOO as a kid. It was awesome when North players made the teams (and played well). I can’t wait to take my kids along and hope we have as many Kangas as possible playing.

Agree. And I have such great memories of SOO as a kid. It was awesome when North players made the teams (and played well). I can’t wait to take my kids along and hope we have as many Kangas as possible playing.

I actually supported whoever had the most North players. Loved seeing New South Wales driven by star north players beating Victoria

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NORTH MELBOURNE
Victoria:
Shaun Higgins, Ben Cunnington, Todd Goldstein, Robbie Tarrant
All Stars: Ben Brown, Trent Dumont, Jared Polec, Cam Zurhaar

The Roos' Victorian contingent is strong enough that captain Jack Ziebell doesn't make this list. Shaun Higgins seems a likely candidate across half-forward, while Ben Cunnington will be among the quality inside midfielders considered for selection. Todd Goldstein and Robbie Tarrant will also be right in the mix for selection, depending how many talls Victorian coach Damien Hardwick wants to take into the clash. The Roos had fewer obvious contenders for the All Stars squad, apart from forward lock Ben Brown and wingman Jared Polec. Physical forward Cam Zurhaar and midfielder Trent Dumont are senior regulars who both had career-best seasons in 2019. – Callum Twomey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back