Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equal split?
And how can 101 teams make finals in a top 8 system?

My modelling allows for a variance of 5. Please don’t ask any further questions.

25 or 20? But they don’t make finals as often as vic teams which is what you said. Vic teams have made finals 25% of the time more during the 18 club era
It's 25% more.

There is more Vic clubs, so of course, more Vic clubs will make finals

As I showed earlier.

Non Vic 3 - 4 of them make finals every year
Vic clubs 4 - 5 of them make finals

Which is as close as you can get to the 10 - 8 split.

It's 25% more.

There is more Vic clubs, so of course, more Vic clubs will make finals

As I showed earlier.

Non Vic 3 - 4 of them make finals every year
Vic clubs 4 - 5 of them make finals

Which is as close as you can get to the 10 - 8 split.

Mmm interesting. So more vic clubs equals more vfl finals equals more vic bias. Does that mean we need to relocate some vic clubs to even it out? I think that’s what you’re arguing yes?

But that stats don't support this disadvantage. Non Vic teams make finals as often as Vic teams.
It’s impossible to know how much better an interstate team has to be to overcome the travel disadvantage. If the Eagles team of the 90s had Collingwood’s itinerary, they would have won more than two flags. The interstate team that finishes second might be better than the premier if the travel (and MCG GF) factors were reversed.

There have been 104 finals spots in the 18 team era.

Vic clubs = 58 slots = 56%.of finals slots
Vic clubs make up 56% (10/18) of the competiton

That's ridiculously close to parity. In fact, you would expect Vic teams to be slightly ahead because the expansion franchises were so weak to start with (and GC have never made finals).

That's ridiculously close to parity. In fact, you would expect Vic teams to be slightly ahead because the expansion franchises were so weak to start with (and GC have never made finals).
And since the Royal Commission there have been 15 Victorian Premiers to 2 Non Victorian. That is ridiculously close to absolute disparity.

Obviously impossible but imagine what it might be without travel!

Mmm interesting. So more vic clubs equals more vfl finals equals more vic bias. Does that mean we need to relocate some vic clubs to even it out? I think that’s what you’re arguing yes?

You keep fishing for something that doesn't exist.

If an employer has 10% indigenous employees, then it should aim for 10% in management positions. Not to have 50% indigenous and 50% not indigenous. Otherwise, it would be indigenous biased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s impossible to know how much better an interstate team has to be to overcome the travel disadvantage. If the Eagles team of the 90s had Collingwood’s itinerary, they would have won more than two flags. The interstate team that finishes second might be better than the premier if the travel (and MCG GF) factors were reversed.

A I have said before, it must be nice to face a team that has to travel interstate to play on your home ground. WCE is proving this year how big of an advantage that is.

Last edited:
You keep fishing for something that doesn't exist.

If an employer has 10% indigenous employees, then it should aim for 10% in management positions. Not to have 50% indigenous and 50% not indigenous. Otherwise, it would be indigenous biased.

But I already have a big salmon on my line

And since the Royal Commission there have been 15 Victorian Premiers to 2 Non Victorian. That is ridiculously close to absolute disparity.
Captivating ... why are you ignoring this stat? Since premierships are the most important thing in football, this is the most telling stat

You think you're clever, but you didn't know that 10 is 25% more than 8.

The store I work at uses an automatic register which tells me how much change to give out so I don’t have to do maths anymore. Not needed in 2024.

So Hardwick just came out and slammed the Vics who are arguing about travel not being an issue. And that WA teams getting a couple more business class seats is unfair.

To the point they should be named and shamed per Hardwick.

And as this has also been pointed out until you experience it you really dont know. Not that people who fly regularly dont know anyway.

Amazing how when you 'walk a mile in someone else's shoes' your perspective changes.

Just amazing.
Dimma only cares about dimma.

This is the same bloke that complained multiple times about going to a stadium 20 minutes down the road.

Nah, the Eagles complained that playing a Derby in the last round was too taxing.

Eagles couldnt cope playing a local rival every second week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back