Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not doxxing when you're sharing the information.

Just pointing out you might want to be more mindful of the content you are sharing. I can't expect someone who doesn't even know how to rotate a video to be aware of the Security risks of sharing YouTube videos from their personal account on a website like BigFooty.

So you aren't even going to address his point, instead focusing on something that in the end does not matter?

It's not doxxing when you're sharing the information.

Just pointing out you might want to be more mindful of the content you are sharing. I can't expect someone who doesn't even know how to rotate a video to be aware of the Security risks of sharing YouTube videos from their personal account on a website like BigFooty.
If as you say you actually gave a s**t you would pm it rather than announce it on a public forum.

what you did instead was announce it publically.

The next question id ask is what are your motives for doing that?

This autism festival still going. There’s no bias. Sorry the biggest comp in the country evolved from the VFL so there are more Victorian based teams. If you are from Western Australia yes you have to travel a fair distance every second week but every team travelling to you has also traveled a fair way to play you. Strongest home advantage in the business. Is that bias? No it’s the way it is
Teams in Sydney and previously Brisbane having extra money in the cap. Vic bias? Stop whinging, enjoy the footy and remember the CEO is from SA

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Well then one of the wealthiest would have done.

Dead set serious this isnt an isolated incident - its pretty constant - either ignored, demonised or just completely inaccurate info is put out on interstate clubs.

just lucky we have kayo now and can rewind and record it....
As per usual, you are looking for anything that validates your delusion.

A promo to spruik interest in a game between StK and Coll uses hyperbole and you are triggered

You can only Rewind and record now? I thought WA was only a couple of hours behind?

If as you say you actually gave a sh*t you would pm it rather than announce it on a public forum.

what you did instead was announce it publically.

The next question id ask is what are your motives for doing that?
You posted your own private videos to a public forum!?

You trying to drum up some free advert for your company Al?

This autism festival still going. There’s no bias. Sorry the biggest comp in the country evolved from the VFL so there are more Victorian based teams. If you are from Western Australia yes you have to travel a fair distance every second week but every team travelling to you has also traveled a fair way to play you. Strongest home advantage in the business. Is that bias? No it’s the way it is
Teams in Sydney and previously Brisbane having extra money in the cap. Vic bias? Stop whinging, enjoy the footy and remember the CEO is from SA

The team travelling to meet you from victoria does that long trip once or twice a season.

Seeing as the entire universe revolves around victoria id suggest that id probably be better off not...
The footy universe is a 24hr cycle, so no surprise to most normal fans that fox start pumping up one of their Saturday games

and yes, in a promo you deliberately use emotive language...clearly triggered yourself

might be time to fix some more antennas, and lay off the WA VICtim act for a while

So you aren't even going to address his point, instead focusing on something that in the end does not matter?

Addressing what point?

KrankyAl taking 13 seconds of Fox Footy out of context to bump a thread that’s had no contributions in a week?

Or a Video from 2 years ago of The Footy Show that’s on its side?

Which of these “matter” in your opinion?

You’re the fool that posted their personal information on BigFooty by sharing the video and now you’re blaming me for pointing that out to you?

That’s some strange logic.....
If you had pointed it out to me....

you quite deliberately pointed it out to an audience.

The sophistry you are engaging in is akin to a doctor walking into a waiting room announcing “send in the patient with incontinence” trying to claim hes just trying to help his patient.

so again i have to question your motives.

btw

im guessing you are on iphone - my signature has my company details. I dont have a lot to hide. Phones hide sigs.

If you had pointed it out to me....

you quite deliberately pointed it out to an audience.

The sophistry you are engaging in is akin to a doctor walking into a waiting room announcing “send in the patient with incontinence” trying to claim hes just trying to help his patient.

btw

im guessing you are on iphone - my signature has my company details. I dont have a lot to hide. Phones hide sigs.

Kranky Al—- all I did was mock you because you don’t know how to rotate a YouTube video.

Your continued whinging is unnecessary mate. It’s petty—- you don’t need to chase me all across the Internet complaining that I tried to “doxx” you by pointing out that videos you’re sharing aren’t particularly secure.

You having a laff?

You love playing the victim don’t you!

More like one of those numbskulls who have been caught out remote working when sharing desktops reveals dodgy info, leaving a ‘dealing with incontinence’ page open, and someone in the meeting points out the blatantly obvious that everyone in the meeting had already seen.

Bit rich for the numbskull to then try and take the high ground and get upset at the person who decided to ‘bring it to everyones attention’ when it was the numbskull that shared their screen with their private s**t in full display.

And yes, all because you were so triggered by a promo for a game between StK & Collingwood that was going down the David v Goliath path that you actually bothered to stop, rewind and video to attempt to take it out of context to back up your WA VICtim sooking.

Cant make this s**t up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You having a laff?

You love playing the victim don’t you!

More like one of those numbskulls who have been caught out remote working when sharing desktops reveals dodgy info, leaving a ‘dealing with incontinence’ page open, and someone in the meeting points out the blatantly obvious that everyone in the meeting had already seen.

Bit rich for the numbskull to then try and take the high ground and get upset at the person who decided to ‘bring it to everyones attention’ when it was the numbskull that shared their screen with their private sh*t in full display.

And yes, all because you were so triggered by a promo for a game between StK & Collingwood that was going down the David v Goliath path that you actually bothered to stop, rewind and video to attempt to take it out of context to back up your WA VICtim sooking.

Cant make this sh*t up

You can david vs goliath without making s**t up collingwood.

you can market it as the biggest vic club vs the smallest vic club

Just like in the video eddie could have not made up that we were going to get a chance to practise on an oval we rarely set foot on as lets face it - that hasnt happened either....

And? Maybe move Perth closer. It’s not bias. Just had a gut full of the whinging

Orrr have more victorian teams play interstate teams twice - serving the dual purpose of evening up the travel imbalance and giving victorian teams less neutral home games and more home games with real hga

Its an example

collingwood arent the richest club in the comp.

West coast are.

the so called national media continually ignore interstate clubs. Its like we are tgere for the extra money and the only time they ever take any real notice is if theres a perceived advantage going our way.

see how quickly the vfl moved when wa eased restrictions before other states.

omg they have an advantage - if it were the other way round and we were bringing up the disadvantage we would be labelled whingers....

The richest .. the loudest ... can a Richmond supporter be offended by that or only Western Australians?

Non Vic clubs also get to host finals. Are you saying Vic clubs shouldn't?

If only you had some evidence to support your belief.
In the last 10 years there has been 8 GFs between Vic and interstate teams. Vic teams have won 6, the interstate teams 2. That is pretty compelling evidence. BTW, I don't believe it is the physical ground itself that is the big advantage to Vic teams, rather the greater access they have to tickets and therefore the majority crowd support that provides the advantage. The travel is a non-issue in my eyes.
There's no statistical evidence that the Grand final at the MCG is any advantage to Victorian clubs. No one's provided any evidence in this or any other thread on this board of VICBias except to stick their fingers in their ear and scream "Twavel!!"
When asked for evidence that travel results in bias, they throw themselves on the ground and stamp their feet and scream "But twavel!!!!"

So let's have a look at travel using very basic maths and logic.
If we start with the position that travel is a disadvantage then non travel must be an advantage. Let's say travel = -1 non travel = +1.
In West Coast's case they travel 10 times = -10
They play at home 10 times against teams that travel = +10
They play twice at home against another home state club = 0
so the sum total is 0.
Therefore their is both no advantage and no disadvantage in the home and away season for the West Coast Eagles when we consider travel alone.

Thus, if the Eagles are disadvantaged in the home and away season, it's not because of travel.

In the finals, Non Victorian clubs get to play their home games on their home ground. No disadvantage there.

So that just leaves the Grand final.
"But Twavel!!!!!!" I hear you whinge?
Well, of course, if travel is a disadvantage in the Grand final, there'd be some statistical evidence. Ie. Victorian clubs would be more likely to win grand finals against non Victorian clubs. Yet we know that Grand finals between Victorian clubs and Non Victorian clubs are dead even. So no disadvantage there either.

Looks like the West Coast Whingers don't have a legitimate whinge when it comes to travel. They'll have to find some other reason to justify their entitlement to be gifted undeserved and unearned premierships.
Sorry guys.
Plain dumb.... but nonetheless now apply your simplistic formula to the Vic based clubs and tell me the numbers you come up with.. BTW, games in Tas do not count as travel because they are home games and the opposition invariably travels further

In the last 10 years there has been 8 GFs between Vic and interstate teams. Vic teams have won 6, the interstate teams 2. That is pretty compelling evidence.
In AFL history it's 50:50. That a much bigger sample over a longer time period. That's even more compelling.

I know I've asked 100 times already, but does anyone have any evidence for this fabled VICBias? Any at all?
(and no, screaming "but twavel!!!" ad nauseam doesn't count as evidence. I'm looking for actual outcomes that prove bias. Very selective use of statistics such as the above poster attempts isn't evidence either. In fact it's basically an admission that he/she can't find any)

Last edited:
In the last 10 years there has been 8 GFs between Vic and interstate teams. Vic teams have won 6, the interstate teams 2. That is pretty compelling evidence. BTW, I don't believe it is the physical ground itself that is the big advantage to Vic teams, rather the greater access they have to tickets and therefore the majority crowd support that provides the advantage. The travel is a non-issue in my eyes.
Since 1991, the record is:
9 wins interstate
8 wins Victorians

Not that compelling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back