Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I think when demontim said never wrong he was referring to your claim about the 25 player limit, you claiming you were never wrong with that, he wasn't claiming you were never wrong with anything ever on bigfooty which would obviously be a silly claim. Need to use a bit of context here.

Thanks for explaining his reply which had squat to do with my post

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No the issue is did you and other posters claim I lied then were to cowardly to admit it

stick to the topic or jog on
Who claimed you lied?
There were countless posts about this, you naively believed some local article about a 25 player limit and people were kindly pointing out to you that the article might have it a bit mixed up and you just dished out insults despite there being no other evidence in the world about your 25 player limit claim. Then you backpedalled furiously, trying to blame the article, when the point people were making was not that the article was wrong, but your refusal to take on board their advice that the article was wrong and your continued abuse of anyone that suggested such. A simple 'Yeah I got sucked in and should have listened to you guys instead of abusing you' would suffice.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The topic is a genuine discussion about #VICBIAS.

Unfortunately you’re repeated emotive rants that aren’t supported by facts makes it difficult to discuss the topic.

It’s rants like yours the other day that went for pages about how the “AFL is screwing the Eagles by only allowing us to take more than 25 players to Queensland” wasn’t even based on any information—- even when from the first response people were suggesting that your information may be wrong.

Nice spin again.. it was a post based on an article

and absolutely nothing to with the post he was replying to

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Well it looks like the only way that West Coast fans could be happy would be to relocate 3 or 4 Melbourne based teams to Western Australia. Therefore they could also play 15 or 16 games at Optus (all of which would be home games of course), although they may have to play a couple of "home" games at Subi due to contractual obligations. Therefore Melbourne would have 5-6 teams, the same as WA so everything should then be even.

Isnt this a great example of the nonsense of many posters on this thread, attributing their views to others? Dopey stuff, note Subi is no more.

Nice spin again.. it was a post based on an article

and absolutely nothing to with the post he was replying to

....want to go back through the thread?

You were in full on melt mode before you even linked to the article & then were told it doesn’t appear to be particularly trustworthy (as since demonstrated). You’ve still yet to apologise for the insults you threw around earlier in this thread to people suggesting that your self assigned #VICBIAS didn’t exist in that situation.

But on Marlion Pickett, its got a touch of Andrew Krakouer* about it, or more recently Tim Kelly or Liam Ryan about it, indigenous guys in the WAFL being passed over by supposedly professional recruiters.

Give you the word, its sad.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Krakouer
Hmmm. Hadn't thought of it that way. That is sad if true. A very interesting observation.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Hmmm. Hadn't thought of it that way. That is sad if true. A very interesting observation.

Give you the one that got me, Jack Darling. Everyone had the opportunity in round one, Eagles included. Taken in the second by the Eagles then came the cry Darling was hidden, no questioning why ALL clubs passed, no public criticism of the recruiters, the footy public bought he was hidden.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
....want to go back through the thread?

You were in full on melt mode before you even linked to the article & then were told it doesn’t appear to be particularly trustworthy (as since demonstrated). You’ve still yet to apologise for the insults you threw around earlier in this thread to people suggesting that your self assigned #VICBIAS didn’t exist in that situation.

and you keep regurgitating something that has zero to do with the post he was replying to, using the same tactic as he did
Arguing using a completely unrelated topic to mock me and ignorantly thinking it disproves my other posts and therefore I owe you something..It doesn't and I don't !

reply to the posts on merit on each discussion point and

Stop clogging up the thread with your endless circle jerk

and you keep regurgitating something that has zero to do with the post he was replying to, using the same tactic as he did
Arguing using a completely unrelated topic to mock me and ignorantly thinking it disproves my other posts and therefore I owe you something..It doesn't and I don't !

reply to the posts on merit on each discussion point and

Stop clogging up the thread with your endless circle jerk

...contributes to a thread over 80 times (including many using information that’s been proven to be false to ‘prove’ #VICBIAS) and then calls someone else out for an endless circle jerk?

My responses may not demonstrate your view, but your responses demonstrate mine. There’s many things that are biased within the competition—- it’s a shame that a select group of supporters have ruined the “VicBias” sentiment with its overuse to associate it with things that aren’t either examples of bias OR even factually true.

Your continued whinging & repeated story changing about the Duff & Quarters story is a great example of how the #VICBIAS narrative has been damaged by the rants of some.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
From what i have read, no-one called you a liar, i think i remember someone calling you gullible though, i think that poster was correct.

I will add, if that poster and others didn't call you a liar, wouldn't that make you a liar?

I often wonder if they are just not educated on the topic they post about or
just willingly choose to exaggerate or even make up claims because they are so angry and bitter toward something they feel that’s the most effective way to get their point across.

This is only true of a small minority of posters here though. Discovering others points of view and the reasons why they hold that view is definitely an eye opener and benefit of frequenting this site.

Society takes all kinds, and Bigfooty is an interesting microcosm of society at play.
Thanks for clarifying - I was actually hoping you would respond in justifying your argument. Instead you play the poster, again.

I now know you aren’t trolling when you make up claims or misread articles. You can’t back them up when challenged because you just don’t understand them.

Oh, and the post you quoted, I was referencing yourself in those embarrassing examples. I find it astounding this needs to be pointed out but there you go, you’ve surprised me again.
So the big question of this thread is—-

Did you or did you not make a false claim that West Coast could only take 25 players to Queensland?

Then repeatedly insult multiple posters for pointing out that the Duff & Quarters podcast article got it wrong.

Prepared to apologise to us yet—- or you just going to melt with random #VICBIAS whinges & ruin the ability to actually discuss genuine inequities within the competition

well there's 3 posts that claimed I made it up..others have magically disappeared, funny that

well there's 3 posts that claimed I made it up..others have magically disappeared, funny that

Or they never existed... there were many including replies to my comments where you were trying to bait us by saying "are you calling me a liar" Perhaps that's what you're confusing yourself with.

You’re using a post that I wrote TODAY (Saturday) as evidence that people called you a liar or were making it up on Wednesday when you claimed that 25 players could only go into those hubs. Funnily enough— other than Duff & Quarters no one else has written an article about it yet.

Also A reminder—- you compared posters who told you that article was incorrect to Donald Trump & flat-earthers.

That’s a bit more vitriolic than anything you’ve quoted above.

Anyway—- all I’m suggesting is don’t ruin the #VICBIAS sentiment by melting about things that didn’t/don’t even happen.

Port Adel Proud

All Australian
Apr 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure why you felt the need/excuse to quote me FALSELY claiming I'd addressed the topic.

But on Marlion Pickett, its got a touch of Andrew Krakouer* about it, or more recently Tim Kelly or Liam Ryan about it, indigenous guys in the WAFL being passed over by supposedly professional recruiters.

Give you the word, its sad.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Krakouer

I think you will find that Krakouer was drafted young and "failed".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Or they never existed... there were many including replies to my comments where you were trying to bait us by saying "are you calling me a liar" Perhaps that's what you're confusing yourself with.

let me understand this circle jerk properly

they never existed even though I showed you 3 posts that prove they did...wow

let me understand this circle jerk properly

they never existed even though I showed you 3 posts that prove they did...wow

I’m referring to you saying that the others magically disappeared, apologies that I didn’t highlight the piece I was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Again I will simplify it for you

how does it relate to the the original post that you responded too except not in the slightest !

you attempted poorly to have a dig at me on a completely different matter. Then spent the last couple of posts arguing with yourself ignorantly believing I owe youSomething..
back up your claim or jog on
Thankfully others have pointed out your inaccuracy.

I Can’t imagine getting this pissy because I lied

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
You’re using a post that I wrote TODAY (Saturday) as evidence that people called you a liar or were making it up on Wednesday when you claimed that 25 players could only go into those hubs. Funnily enough— other than Duff & Quarters no one else has written an article about it yet.

Also A reminder—- you compared posters who told you that article was incorrect to Donald Trump & flat-earthers.

That’s a bit more vitriolic than anything you’ve quoted above.

Anyway—- all I’m suggesting is don’t ruin the #VICBIAS sentiment by melting about things that didn’t/don’t even happen.

so your defense is there is no chance posters called me a liar on Wednesday when we were discussing the issue, even though you just admitted you called me a liar 3 days later discussing a completely different issue...yep no chance

i also know what I wrote..I wouldn't embarrass myself with a massive backflip or denials like other posters are willing to do...not looking at you

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Yeah imagine having your home game scheduled on the other side of the country.
That happens to Melbourne based clubs all the time!

Tigers play a home game in Cairns
Dees and Dogs in NT

Against the current premiers who rarely travel and now avoid the longest road trip for them to play a game at a neutral venue.
It is a neutral venue!?

The Eagles will be playing their 3rd game there in a month, and won’t have travelled for a month.

If a North game in Tassie is a home game for North, why is this neutral?

Eagles fans are just experiencing the fixture disadvantage that Melbourne based teams have copped for 25 years by playing ‘home’ games outside of Melbourne.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m referring to you saying that the others magically disappeared, apologies that I didn’t highlight the piece I was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

so you have gone from no one called me a liar (proven incorrect) to now I'm lying about something else

POS

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
you just got to laugh
What bit are you laughing at?

You are complaining that the Eagles playing a ‘home’ game outside of WA isn’t really a ‘home’ game but a neutral game.

Melbourne teams have been doing this for 20 years.

The only difference between Melbourne v West Coast in NT or North v West Coast in Tassie and West Coast v Richmond in the Gold Coast is that West Coast will be playing their 3rd game in a month at Metricon and won’t have travelled for a month either.

So if you think West Coast are being shafted, how do you reckon the Melbourne and North fans feel!?

And just like you think Richmond have been gifted an advantage by avoiding an away game, guess which teams have benefited from that exact situation for 20 years!

so you have gone from no one called me a liar (proven incorrect) to now I'm lying about something else

POS

What are you even talking about... I never said that nobody called you a liar (you seem to like playing the victim card), I was merely referring to where you stated that people must've deleted other comments about calling you a liar.
I've not once called you a liar, you inferred that I did, but you also completely ignored EVERY time I've called you out and PROVEN you wrong time and time again...
Firstly, on the article on the podcast that you kept referring to that I simply thought was wrong, and was proven to be so
Then, when It was explained that VIC clubs don't play each other twice each year, and it was then later explained that the double up games are broken down by ladder position (top 6, middle 6, bottom 6)
Then you called me a liar and a troll
Then you said I was pushing a narrative, not you
Ignored me calling you out on your Jack Reiwoldt sooking narrative
Now you call me a piece of sh!t
Nice one

As you like to say... wow!

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Someone saying 'Did you or did you not make a false claim' is not accusing you of lying.
Lying is a deliberate act. Making a false claim is not necessarily a lie, it can be a mistake or ignorance or in your case an opinion based on incorrect info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back