Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think non-Vic teams are disadvantaged in at least these two ways:

1. Thurs/Friday night games. This is where you get exposure. Every team should get to host 2. A shocking fact is that Tom Rockliff played 200 games before he played on a Friday night, and he had to change clubs to get that game!

2. MCG games. Every team should get minimum 3 MCG games a year. That's where they play the GF ffs.

I thought that McAdam's bump, whilst harder than Kosi's, was more acceptable because the Wehr had the ball in hand whilst Smith had already kicked the ball.
Your reasoning is backwards.

Wehr had the ball, McAdam could've tackled. Instead he chose to rocket into Wehr's head. This is the distinction for mine.

Pickett was coming in late, and left the ground which was horrible, but he didn't have the option to tackle and Smith got straight back up.

I think non-Vic teams are disadvantaged in at least these two ways:

1. Thurs/Friday night games. This is where you get exposure. Every team should get to host 2. A shocking fact is that Tom Rockliff played 200 games before he played on a Friday night, and he had to change clubs to get that game!

2. MCG games. Every team should get minimum 3 MCG games a year. That's where they play the GF ffs.
We get to play melbourne in nt and hawthorn in tassie and richmond / collingwood at etihad instead

We get to llay melbourne in nt and hawthorn in tassie and richmond / collingwood at etihad instead
Yep, 4 "away" games for the Eagles where the Melbourne based teams are also travelling or not playing at thier home ground.

If playing at the G is so important, why dont WC play a few of their "home" games at the G? Like Hawthorn re Tassie, play 2 or 3 "home" games at the G against teams like GWS, Port and the Suns.

Yep, 4 "away" games for the Eagles where the Melbourne based teams are also travelling or not playing at thier home ground.

If playing at the G is so important, why dont WC play a few of their "home" games at the G? Like Hawthorn re Tassie, play 2 or 3 "home" games at the G against teams like GWS, Port and the Suns.
You say a lot of dumb s**t, this one is up there though.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Bump ;)

The Shane McAdam sanction compared to Kosi Pickett this round highlights the blatant bias in this competition.

There needs to be an investigation into the impact this bias has on fairness.
Lol Kozzie shouldn't have been suspended at all, perhaps a week for "rough play" but two weeks for a shoulder tackle graded as high impact which had zero impact on the opponent who bounced up, was never assessed under concussion protocols and played out the game? Kozzie very unlucky, if Melbourne had appealed it he would have got off or at the least a reduced sentence no doubt.

Games starting before fans are finished work?

Im sure they’re absolutely thrilled about it.
If you want prime time slots the networks will want those games starting at prime time in the largest tv markets. If you don't get fixtured on Friday nights you'll complain that you never get prine time slots. The fixture is a dog's breakfast I'll give you that, Melbourne suffered in the sunday twilight slot for decades but at least the sunday "twilight" spot in Perth is 2:40pm local time and not 4:40pm which is just a horrible time to go to the footy. Melbourne also gets fixtured to play in Geelong every single year and more often than not get sent to Tassie as well. I'm only using Melbourne as one example, I know this also applies to other clubs.

The point is it's not Vic bias it's tv networks influencing the AFL to show certain teams in prime time and have those games starting at certain times.

Lol Kozzie shouldn't have been suspended at all, perhaps a week for "rough play" but two weeks for a shoulder tackle graded as high impact which had zero impact on the opponent who bounced up, was never assessed under concussion protocols and played out the game? Kozzie very unlucky, if Melbourne had appealed it he would have got off or at the least a reduced sentence no doubt.
stupid youtube GIF

You're an idiot. All 3 players played out the game. As I've said elsewhere, Brodie Holland got 6 weeks for this bump almost 20 years ago:

Montgomery played out the game so he probably should have got only 1 yeah? Pickett, the dirty sniper smashed Smith. SMASHED. We can adjudicate severity visually. This is in line with literally what every football fan has asked for. Penalties should be handed out based more on the action than the outcome. It's now baked into the rules through the provision of 'potential for harm'. Smith is a young man who hasn't been concussed 15 times in his career. If he hit Tom Mccartin like that, it might have ended his career. It's exceedingly clear with what is going on in the concussion space that every hit matters and what you are suggesting is someone shouldn't be protected until the damage has been done. So the first 5 people to hit Bailey Smith get 0-2 weeks, but the last 5 get 4-6 for exactly the same act. It's an unfathomably stupid take.

Wehr taken off the field for concussion testing.

Smith continued playing with no detrimental effect after being hit largely to the chest/shoulder.

Easy to see why one was given an extra week and it has nothing to do with the location of the club. Kade Chandler copped weeks last year for a nothing tackle, ANB copped 4 weeks in a 17 game season for a nothing sling tackle, even going back Trengove was the first player to get weeks (3) for a "dangerous" tackle on Dangerfield and going further back Brent Moloney got suspended for a "bump" on Bartel when he didn't even make contact with him! Plenty of rubbish decisions every club can point to, nothing to do with "Vicbias" though, I mean seriously.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're an idiot. All 3 players played out the game. As I've said elsewhere, Brodie Holland got 6 weeks for this bump almost 20 years ago:

Montgomery played out the game so he probably should have got only 1 yeah? Pickett, the dirty sniper smashed Smith. SMASHED. We can adjudicate severity visually. This is in line with literally what every football fan has asked for. Penalties should be handed out based more on the action than the outcome. It's now baked into the rules through the provision of 'potential for harm'. Smith is a young man who hasn't been concussed 15 times in his career. If he hit Tom Mccartin like that, it might have ended his career. It's exceedingly clear with what is going on in the concussion space that every hit matters and what you are suggesting is someone shouldn't be protected until the damage has been done. So the first 5 people to hit Bailey Smith get 0-2 weeks, but the last 5 get 4-6 for exactly the same act. It's an unfathomably stupid take.

It's a full contact 360 degree sport. Pickett's only sin was he was slightly late and he glanced him slightly high after connecting with his body first. I have no doubt if the MFC appealed it he would have at the very least shaved off a week if not get off altogether but MFC have been loathe to appeal decisions and I get the feeling Pickett was happy to wear the 2 weeks rather than face media scrutiny throughout the week that a tribunal appeal would have brought.

Pickett plays on the edge, it's a physical game - you're acting like he went full Matthews on Bruns here, get a grip.

It's a full contact 360 degree sport. Pickett's only sin was he was slightly late and he glanced him slightly high after connecting with his body first. I have no doubt if the MFC appealed it he would have at the very least shaved off a week if not get off altogether but MFC have been loathe to appeal decisions and I get the feeling Pickett was happy to wear the 2 weeks rather than face media scrutiny throughout the week that a tribunal appeal would have brought.

Pickett plays on the edge, it's a physical game - you're acting like he went full Matthews on Bruns here, get a grip.

Demonic Ascent - hardly touched him

That really is daft.

If you want prime time slots the networks will want those games starting at prime time in the largest tv markets. If you don't get fixtured on Friday nights you'll complain that you never get prine time slots. The fixture is a dog's breakfast I'll give you that, Melbourne suffered in the sunday twilight slot for decades but at least the sunday "twilight" spot in Perth is 2:40pm local time and not 4:40pm which is just a horrible time to go to the footy. Melbourne also gets fixtured to play in Geelong every single year and more often than not get sent to Tassie as well. I'm only using Melbourne as one example, I know this also applies to other clubs.

The point is it's not Vic bias it's tv networks influencing the AFL to show certain teams in prime time and have those games starting at certain times.
Mmmhmmm

Waiting till 1730 will make if start in victoria at 1930……

Im not sure the MRO has a VicBias, we all think Chrisso is a flog of the highest order with no farrking idea of what he's doing.

Yes McAdam was extremely stiff to get more than Pickett, apart from Melbourne supporters, I'm everyone agrees with you.

Anybody see Footy Classified last night? They crossed to Eddie in Dubai. He's at some big sports conference over there. Outside of his usual guff of continually pushing for a night Grand Final, he's basically there in his role as Consigliere for the Victorian Government.

Make no mistake, Eddie McGuire is, and has always been, the greatest advocate for Vic Bias. In real terms, for everybody outside of Victoria, for everybody that pines for a league that is fair, unprejudiced, partisan, equitable and neutral, Eddie McGuire is the Devil.

McGuire has, for 20 years, orchestrated and facilitated deal after deal that has seen the AFL and the Victorian Government get closer and closer. He has been front and centre in "The Sporting Capital" becoming government policy. Everything he talks about is to do with Melbourne (the City) the MCG, sporting capital, sporting precincts, the economics, what it means for Victorians, how Victoria can squeeze a buck out it. His tentacles reach and infect the AFL like no other. He is the biggest reason the League has become such a ridiculous corrupt s**t show.

Anybody see Footy Classified last night? They crossed to Eddie in Dubai. He's at some big sports conference over there. Outside of his usual guff of continually pushing for a night Grand Final, he's basically there in his role as Consigliere for the Victorian Government.

Make no mistake, Eddie McGuire is, and has always been, the greatest advocate for Vic Bias. In real terms, for everybody outside of Victoria, for everybody that pines for a league that is fair, unprejudiced, partisan, equitable and neutral, Eddie McGuire is the Devil.

McGuire has, for 20 years, orchestrated and facilitated deal after deal that has seen the AFL and the Victorian Government get closer and closer. He has been front and centre in "The Sporting Capital" becoming government policy. Everything he talks about is to do with Melbourne (the City) the MCG, sporting capital, sporting precincts, the economics, what it means for Victorians, how Victoria can squeeze a buck out it. His tentacles reach and infect the AFL like no other. He is the biggest reason the League has become such a ridiculous corrupt s**t show.

Yay you said the line Papa G!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back