Scandal Vickery and King: Victoria Police investigating AFL players over extortion, threats to kill & injure

Spend $50k on lawyers to maybe get the $100k back, maybe not. And maybe get some of the $50k legal fees covered by the other guy.

There is a reason why standover men exist, and its because the real sharks are the lawyers.

Indeed this is true, hence my point 6.

Agree. But we don't know the full story, there's normally more to things than what you read in the paper. Maybe King took things a lot further than Vickery wanted? And to some people it's not about the money, it's about the principle.

First time i've seen this point raised.... absolutely Vickery may feel cheated and annoyed by this bloke pinching 100k (******* lol at all you clowns saying its nothing relative to his earnings, you know nothing about his personal finances so just stfu).

Most the time when money/anything is stolen... its the feeling of being betrayed and seeking remedy to solve that feeling of being taken advantage of.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
As one studying law he may have realised that he has zero chance of seeing the money if he goes the legal route.

I don't know how the legal system works but over here if it is a small amount up to 10k ( I think ), you take it to the small claims tribunal, no lawyers required and a Justice of the peace here's both sides of the story, before deciding who owes who. Decision is made that day

Over 10k up to 250k You get the matter heard in the magistrates court, best to get legal representation by a solicitor.

For all we know Ty Ty might have got a solicitor to write up a letter of demand already, maybe the bloke has no way of paying him back, no assets etc.

Even so he is crazy going the gangster route, so much to lose

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Agree. But we don't know the full story, there's normally more to things than what you read in the paper. Maybe King took things a lot further than Vickery wanted? And to some people it's not about the money, it's about the principle.

Do you reckon when Ty asked his mate to step-in he was aware of Jake allegedly being a debt collector for one of the Gatto enterprises?

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm sure the question has already been asked but I'll ask it anyway.

Have Hawthorn made a phone call to King to see if he can get their money back from Vickery?

We have. Jake is already setting up camp outside Peggy's place.

May 20, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nah...Stephen O' Reilly to Carlton

Posted by Weaver.

Worst trade ever?

That's easy. Pick 16 and 46 for Stephen O'Reilly who played 12 games for you. AND you had to pay him illegally outside the cap. AND he blew the whistle on you. AND you had to pay a fine. AND you got kicked out of the draft and had to recruit hacks. AND it meant that your mulit-million investment in Denis Pagan was a waste because he had no players.

Stephen O'Reilly for - Pick 16, pick 46, $1m fine, pick 1, 2, 17 and 33 in the 2003 draft, pick 1 in the 2003 PSD, 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2004 draft.

Rekt..

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I like to think of myself as more of a reformist. That is of course, until the filthy, squealing left pop their ******ed heads over the parapet of their ivory towers.

upload_2017-7-6_12-32-27.jpeg

wouldnt want to be the guy who ratted king out to the cops.

kind of a joke how someone can skim a 100k and the cops do * all yet say 3 words and its the end of the world

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sounds like Ty is a numpty for going into business with this cat in the first place.

Hospitality is full of s**t-trucks who owe tens of thousands...that money is gawn..............................................................

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/t...-debt-20170706-gx5wlm.html?platform=hootsuite

Interesting read for those who may have missed it.

Seems like there's a trail of fraudulent activity which has come to a head.

I can just imagine this case against King going nowhere with this flog deciding not to take the stand. Otherwise the first question is:

"Did you fear for your life because you stole $150,000 from Tyrone Vickery?"

He answers "no" and he didnt believe the threats. He answers "yes" and he admits in court that he stole from Vickery.

I have no doubt the charges will end up being very minor with King pleading guilty and paying a fine.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I can just imagine this case against King going nowhere with this flog deciding not to take the stand. Otherwise the first question is:

"Did you fear for your life because you stole $150,000 from Tyrone Vickery?"

He answers "no" and he didnt believe the threats. He answers "yes" and he admits in court that he stole from Vickery.

I have no doubt the charges will end up being very minor with King pleading guilty and paying a fine.
''Have you stopped beating your wife''

Back