Vickery retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Way to jump to conclusions.

Perhaps, but let’s unpack it.

If you look through my posts, I was really bullish on Ty making it. I saw everything that the recruitment team saw in him. I even started a thread on whipping boys at other clubs, advocating that we target them for recruitment.

I follow pretty much every move of the club and its players (as I’m sure lots do). I noticed a huge absence of talk about Ty all year.

It might not say much, but who would his friends at Hawthorn be? I haven’t seen him tagged in any Instagram/twitter posts/photo’s of other players.

I get that footy isn’t everything for every player, and Ty certainly had a lot off field to keep him occupied, but for whatever reason, it doesn’t appear that he made friends easily at Hawthorn.

[I have no skin in this game, so don't feel any obligation to take it on board ~ B&GBlood]

Perhaps, but let’s unpack it.

If you look through my posts, I was really bullish on Ty making it. I saw everything that the recruitment team saw in him. I even started a thread on whipping boys at other clubs, advocating that we target them for recruitment.

I follow pretty much every move of the club and its players (as I’m sure lots do). I noticed a huge absence of talk about Ty all year.

It might not say much, but who would his friends at Hawthorn be? I haven’t seen him tagged in any Instagram/twitter posts/photo’s of other players.

I get that footy isn’t everything for every player, and Ty certainly had a lot off field to keep him occupied, but for whatever reason, it doesn’t appear that he made friends easily at Hawthorn.

[I have no skin in this game, so don't feel any obligation to take it on board ~ B&GBlood]
You’re still jumping to conclusions.

You’re still jumping to conclusions.

Yup, but what other conclusions are out there? Where are the interviews with players/coaches who are disappointed that he’s retired?

I’d say you’d be jumping to conclusions to suggest he had close friends at the club.

Yup, but what other conclusions are out there? Where are the interviews with players/coaches who are disappointed that he’s retired?

I’d say you’d be jumping to conclusions to suggest he had close friends at the club.

Why do you need to draw a conclusion at all?

How about just recognizing that assuming that “he didn’t make friends easily” is just your own made up conclusion extrapolated out from some pretty poor evidence.

What a relief to see him gone, there was nothing Hawthorn about him at all.
Has to be one of the biggest mistakes the club has ever made.

Keep it classy, lads.

Everything the club has said about him is.

Why do you need to draw a conclusion at all?

How about just recognizing that assuming that “he didn’t make friends easily” is just your own made up conclusion extrapolated out from some pretty poor evidence.

Haha,

Ok. In reviewing his time with the Hawks, I don’t think he made friends easily, or even wanted to make friends at Hawthorn.

I reckon this was/is him, and not the Hawks.

I reckon that when drafted by the tigers, this wouldn’t have been as obvious due to “getting around the kids”, and senior players investing development time in draftees, and yet, Richmond fans will tell you at length of Ty be disinterested, un-engaged.

As an experienced player, I doubt a whole lot of kid gloves were used with Ty at the Hawks.

*no surveys were done of Ty’s friendliness
**no cats were harmed while surveys weren’t being done
***this post should be read as opinion only
****this post is certainly my own made up conclusion (definitely not your shared historic question)
*****no effort has been made to address the need or otherwise to make conclusions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we need a new thread and a poll to identify our whipping boy for 2018?
makes sense, most people will lock in their choice before they see them play this year and blindly stick to that choice even if the on field product refutes their choice

that said, no I don't think we should have a poll where the board as a collective picks one

I'm not as bothered by his recruitment as others were. It happened a hot minute after we did the three peat and also at a time that the salary cap was getting increased. 500k is a lot of money but it's also not as big a % of our salary cap as it would have been last year or 3 years ago.

We tried something, it didn't work, we're moving on. I wish him well in whatever he does after footy and hope that people will let him live his life without the continuous barrage of insults.

I am...why would you pay 500k for someone who the whole world new was a dud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back