Rumour Vickery to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

carlton fans lecturing any other fans on their club not trying to win hard enough....

seriously?

To be fair, Carlton have historically done everything they can to win, up to and including cheating by breaching the salary cap. If that's not trying hard to win, I don't know what is.

I think Carlton would be ludicrously stupid to take Vickery. Back in your young players you have at the club. Curnow, Silvagni, Casboult, and Harry McKay. Back them in to succeed rather than throwing dollars at a bloke that had yet to actually really dominate a season
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the Hawks. He can play, just lazy. Schulz Mk11

If you combine casboult and Vickery you would actually get quiet a decent forward. But it's not humanly possible so Carlton should not do this to themselves. He is probably a good fit for The current Brisbane team and that's about it.

If you combine casboult and Vickery you would actually get quiet a decent forward. But it's not humanly possible so Carlton should not do this to themselves. He is probably a good fit for The current Brisbane team and that's about it.

With Clarke probably getting the boot and Hawkins just going, maybe the Cats will think of Ottens and go for Vickery? Would be a good fit.

To be fair, Carlton have historically done everything they can to win, up to and including cheating by breaching the salary cap. If that's not trying hard to win, I don't know what is.

It's true, Carlton are a bunch of try hards.

With Clarke probably getting the boot and Hawkins just going, maybe the Cats will think of Ottens and go for Vickery? Would be a good fit.

I think we'd let him go so long as they offered up the same price.

If he was half as good as Ottens id be up for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'd let him go so long as they offered up the same price.
They'd cover the taxi fare to the new ground too I'd imagine and make sure he didn't leave anything behind to give him an excuse to ever show his face in the place again.
I remember talking to a mate (keen tigers supporter) about what a weirdo he is and how he become overly aggressive for no good reason. He agreed. Always seemed to be grabbing smaller blokes by the throat just for laying a tackle on him. A couple of months later he dropped Cox to cement his place as the least likeable player in the league.

They'd cover the taxi fare to the new ground too I'd imagine and make sure he didn't leave anything behind to give him an excuse to ever show his face in the place again.
I remember talking to a mate (keen tigers supporter) about what a weirdo he is and how he become overly aggressive for no good reason. He agreed. Always seemed to be grabbing smaller blokes by the throat just for laying a tackle on him. A couple of months later he dropped Cox to cement his place as the least likeable player in the league.

The reason that story is obviously false is the suggestion that you have a mate.

Put the same thing forward on our board but Vickery to Carlton for a couple of years makes sense, but only if we can get some value for Casboult.

That may not be possible, but the lure may be there for some team to cough up a pick 30-40 for Casboult and we simply replace him with Vickery whilst our other Key Position Forwards develop. McKay is the one we've got and possibly another one next year..

With Vardy and Stanley and Smith there they seem to be ok for ruck/forwards.

One other (albeit shaky looking) online media outlet reporting that Vickery left the meeting on Lygon St looking happy.
I would have thought Carlton would back their tall forwards in but perhaps McKay will take longer to come on then expected. Looked ok at times in the VFL.

With Vardy and Stanley and Smith there they seem to be ok for ruck/forwards.

One other (albeit shaky looking) online media outlet reporting that Vickery left the meeting on Lygon St looking happy.
I would have thought Carlton would back their tall forwards in but perhaps McKay will take longer to come on then expected. Looked ok at times in the VFL.
Vardy was mentioned as one of the players who wanted out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back