VicPol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, If a Maigsistrate elects to grant bail, its off the coppers conscience what happens next. The reality is that I know they are going to get bail. And they will get it time and time again. It's not a case of Police 'crying wolf' though. We don't have the room to accommodate those who should probably be in custody. And we probably never will.
You are correct.
We all moan about criminals being on the streets, but unless we force our politicians to raise our taxes, to use exclusively for incarceration, then nothing will change.

Ah, so another idiot appointed to head up VicPol traffic management.
https://www.3aw.com.au/new-top-traffic-cop-flags-more-40km-h-zones-and-crackdown-on-elderly-drivers/
Completely ignoring the fact that we don’t train our drivers to drive correctly, we train them to pass a test.
I’ve just spent two weeks driving in Italy. And that’s an eye opener. Seems there isn’t any laws governing driving. It’s a free for all in the cities and on the freeways.
But in all that time I did not see one bingle or one tow truck.
What I did see was courtesy. Never had an issue merging with traffic or getting out of a tight situation.
Things I don’t see when driving in Melbourne, or the country for that matter.
This new idiot has swallowed the TAC edict that speed kills. Well I sat on the speed limit of 130kmh, on roads no better than ours, and was passed constantly. And no one died.
Education is the answer to reducing the road toll, not persecution.
Every driver should have to complete a defensive driving course.
Every driver must complete a day driving a truck in Melbourne traffic.
That would make a true difference to the road toll.

My god you're so ignorant it's scary

I wouldn't want to be that solicitor either. And lets be honest, it not hard to guess who it is.

Dead woman walking......

More people die per 100,000 population in Italy than Australia re the road toll.

Kappa but lucky we have people driving in Italy but they didn’t see anything so it didn’t happen....

More people die per 100,000 population in Italy than Australia re the road toll.

Kappa but lucky we have people driving in Italy but they didn’t see anything so it didn’t happen....
Pfffttt... there’s a reason more die over there in road accidents.
Lack of seatbelt laws and/or enforcement.
The amount of cars we saw with children unrestrained was criminal.
You need to drive here and there to understand what a pleasure it was driving there, despite being on the wrong side of the road, to driving here with impatient idiots who have no idea about car control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-21/cctv-footage-shows-police-officer-assaulting-man/10729284
Retained job and rank?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-21/doctor-claims-she-was-assaulted-by-police/10731622
Was threatened with trumped up charges to keep quiet.

There’s a small percentage of bad apples in any organisation.
But when the hierarchy are prepared to defend and protect those rotten apples, we should all be worried.

Why don't you ever post about the 99% of Good cops who do great work for Community? The Cops that risk their lives to protect you? The cops that get abused and spat on and bashed and don't retaliate despite getting paid s**t wages. Do you ever talk about those?

No you don't, it's just confirmation bias.

Why don't you ever post about the 99% of Good cops who do great work for Community? The Cops that risk their lives to protect you? The cops that get abused and spat on and bashed and don't retaliate despite getting paid s**t wages. Do you ever talk about those?

No you don't, it's just confirmation bias.
That’s just idiotic.
And I suppose you simply ignored my comment that there are a very few bad apples in any organisation.
That’s a confirmation of your bias.
If we don’t call out those in authority that do the incorrect thing with their power, then we end up with a police state.
That’s something none of us want.
Instead of taking a potshot at my “bias” how about you debate the issues raised with both links in the post you quoted?
Are you happy with the behaviour of these officers? Are you happy with the way they were protected from any punishment for these actions?
In one of those links you can see an officer assaulting an oap. Here’s a similar thing with a completely different result.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01...sentenced-for-assault-of-elderly-man/10743004

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...x-officer-brutality-case-20190127-p50tyt.html

The issue for our safety in this state still remains “police investigating police”.
The above article says it all. A police officer had a valid complaint/case for assault against other officers and it was dismissed by the police investigating police.
And then, to add insult to injury, she was charged with resisting arrest! There’s the big stick that lets crooked cops continue to operate within the force. Complain and we will use all the resources of the taxpayer to shut you down.
In the case above, only the intervention of the Anti Corruption Commision changed this miscarriage of justice.
The system is broken. Time for Andrews to fix it.

Dead woman walking......

Sorry to drag up an old post of yours but I thought she was a goner too but I think if they were gonna get her they would have by now.

I think they must have something against hurting a lady... too much respect for her, or something.

But I read crap about her every day in the paper, she is quite a piece of work and her double dealing would fill up multiple books.

Because I can I will say her name Nicola Gobbo... I think she made it out alive. Unbelievable guile and duplicity in this woman, she is dirtier than them...

Sorry to drag up an old post of yours but I thought she was a goner too but I think if they were gonna get her they would have by now.

I think they must have something against hurting a lady... too much respect for her, or something.

But I read crap about her every day in the paper, she is quite a piece of work and her double dealing would fill up multiple books.

Because I can I will say her name Nicola Gobbo... I think she made it out alive. Unbelievable guile and duplicity in this woman, she is dirtier than them...

Barbaro is funding Karam's appeal...…...once he walks free "then" the dominoes will fall.

Ndrangheta never forgets.

Barbaro is funding Karam's appeal...…...once he walks free "then" the dominoes will fall.

Ndrangheta never forgets.

Just read up on them. Somebody ratted them out for a marijuana crop so they killed him AND his parents... seems they do hold a grudge. If I was Gobbo I would be moving to a different country, she thinks she's invincible.

More a government decision, but VicPol will wear it.

So essentially what they are saying is , “For crimes we have no intention of investigating, ph this number, or log on and enter a report.”
No human will ever see this report, but the system will generate a document for you to submit your insurance claim.
And that Ladies and Gentleman, is policing without actually policing.

The first appeal in the Gobbo debarcle is successful.........next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back