Victoria amat curam

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, it's latin.

What do you want to know?
well when i look it up on the net it is pronounced this way “Amat victoria curam” means literally “Victory loves the care”, that is “Victory likes careful preparation” or more loosely “Victory favours those who take pains”, since victory falls to those who prepare it carefully.

Nowhere does it say victory demands dedication

I think it most likely relates back to the meat workers that were prominent throughout the clubs earlier to middle history.

Victoria amat curam = Victoria & Matt cure hams

I think it most likely relates back to the meat workers that were prominent throughout the clubs earlier to middle history.

Victoria amat curam = Victoria & Matt cure hams

Quality KM.

So I'm guessing noone actually realy knows? how else can i find out? i sent a message to North about a week ago but have had no reply

well when i look it up on the net it is pronounced this way “Amat victoria curam” means literally “Victory loves the care”, that is “Victory likes careful preparation” or more loosely “Victory favours those who take pains”, since victory falls to those who prepare it carefully.

This sounds right. Amare means to love.

Amo, amas , amat etc.... I love, you love, he/she/it loves.

Getting 'dedicate' in there would be a bit of a stretch.

So I'm guessing noone actually realy knows? how else can i find out? i sent a message to North about a week ago but have had no reply

I was the one that added the motto to the wikipeida page.

I got the info from two sources. "The North Story", and another book called "The Clubs - The Complete History of Every Club in the VFL/AFL".

dunno if that helps.

Sounds very similar to me in a round about way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back