State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

How many runs does Puckovski need to make to be considered for the next ODI squad?
No way he can be considered for international duties. He's been making his runs in premier cricket which is a massive drop in quality from futures league and especially first class cricket. He won't be playing international or even considered for international cricket for at least two years.

No way he can be considered for international duties. He's been making his runs in premier cricket which is a massive drop in quality from futures league and especially first class cricket. He won't be playing international or even considered for international cricket for at least two years.

Was slightly tongue in cheek

Reckon we should go with:

Dean
Harris
Quiney
White (c)
Short (despite the hype around Pucovski, Short has outperformed him in Second XI and Grade cricket this year)
Christian
Harper (+)
Gulbis
Tremain
Holland
Boland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say he would be no chance of playing the next shield game given he has been picked for the pm 11 2 days after the game v sa finishes.

No way the precious ca selectors will let him play both so close together.

Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Patto playing FL again. My predicted XI from the squad:

Eamonn Vines
Blake Thomson
Seb Gotch
Matthew Short (c)
Ian Holland
Aaron Ayre (+)
James Pattinson
Jackson Coleman
Sam Grimwade
Liam Bowe
Xavier Crone

The last four could be in any order really.

Patto is back in the Shield squad

Dean, Harris, Stoinis, White, Finch, Gulbis, Christian, Harper, Pattinson, Tremain, Holland
Quiney, Boland

Prefer to play Gulbis to bolster the batting but keeping the bowling option in case of Patto breaking down but I suspect Boland will play instead
With injury clouds over Pattinson and Tremain, Boland is practically first picked.

Needs a big game though.

Patto is back in the Shield squad

Dean, Harris, Stoinis, White, Finch, Gulbis, Christian, Harper, Pattinson, Tremain, Holland
Quiney, Boland

Prefer to play Gulbis to bolster the batting but keeping the bowling option in case of Patto breaking down but I suspect Boland will play instead
How would Gulbis jump both Christian and Harper in one game? I reckon we'll go with:

Dean
Harris
Stoinis
White (c)
Finch
Christian
Harper (+)
Pattinson
Tremain
Holland
Boland

And it isn't as if Patto isn't as good a bat, if not better, than Gulbis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back