U18 Champs Victoria Country vs Western Australia, GMHBA Stadium, Sunday July 17 @ 1.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

With covid hitting WA.....That might mean that below ager Coen Livingstone (197cm) get's a run for WA up forward and in the ruck. I reckon he's a player worth keeping an eye on. He has mobility, can mark and most importantly competes and impacts contests. Just a below ager as I said so I guess I shouldn't expect too much but.....you be the judge

From todays West Australian

WA will be forced to make at least seven changes ahead of their AFL National Under-18s Championship clash against Vic Country in Geelong on Sunday.

Some of WA’s best players across the first two games of the carnival are missing due to COVID protocols including Swan Districts midfielders Darcy Jones and Riley Hardeman, West Perth pair Kane Bevan and Luke Michael and East Fremantle’s Jed Hagan.

Adding to the big list of outs is East Perth key defender and first-round draft fancy Jedd Busslinger, whose season is over as he books in for shoulder surgery.

A pair of highly-rated bottomagers will get their first taste of State 18s action, Peel running machine Clay Hall — son of ex-Geelong and West Coast forward Derek — and Perth/Scotch College big man Coen Livingstone who’s part of the Eagles’ Next Generation Academy.

“Coen is a prospect for next year but I’m pretty excited by what he can bring,” WA under-18s coach Ben Dyer said.

“Clay Hall has been going well at Peel so he’ll come in and will likely play on the wing.

“Both of those boys getting a taste of the carnival this year will be good for them coming into their draft year next year.”

Perth and Aquinas College ball magnet Connor McDonald, pictured left, the younger brother of Sydney forward Logan, will make his State debut after being added to the squad last week.

Vic Country v Western Australia at GMHBA Stadium, 12.45pm AEST

VIC COUNTRY

2 Mitch Szybkowski 09/01/2004
4 Jaxon Binns 29/10/2004
5 Jhye Clark 23/07/2004
6 Noah Long 23/08/2004
7 Jacob Konstanty 09/11/2004
8 Oliver Hollands 16/01/2004
10 Jonti Schuback 18/03/2004
12 Coby Burgiel 09/09/2004
13 Finn Emile-Brennan 07/05/2004
14 Harley Reid 17/04/2005
15 Ted Clohesy 06/09/2004
17 Caleb Mitchell 10/08/2004
18 Toby McMullin 06/08/2004
23 Will Parkhouse 17/05/2004
25 Aaron Cadman 03/03/2004
27 Cooper Vickery 16/12/2004
28 Oscar Murdoch 24/09/2004
32 Hugh Bond 25/09/2004
33 Henry Hustwaite 20/07/2004
34 James Van Es 07/08/2004
38 Olivier Northam 28/07/2004
39 Harvey Howe 26/10/2004
40 Max Knobel 27/06/2004

Charlie Barnett (emg) 24/08/2004
Zane Duursma (emg) 28/08/2005
Archer Reid (emg) 19/09/2005

IN: Toby McMullin, Finn Emile-Brennan, Harvey Howe, Will Parkhouse
OUT: Felix Fogaty (Ankle), Charlie Barnett (squad rotation), Zane Duursma (squad rotation), Archer Reid (squad rotation)

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

3 Koen Sanchez 19/01/2005
4 Mitchell Barron 09/02/2004
5 Steely Green 09/01/2004
6 Daniel Gathercole 06/08/2004
7 Chase Bourne 06/05/2004
8 Tyrell Dewar 27/03/2004
10 Koltyn Tholstrup 28/06/2005
11 Elijah Hewett 27/05/2004
12 Griffith Julian 31/05/2004
13 Jordyn Baker 10/05/2004
17 Connor Carbone 29/04/2004
20 Connor McDonald 26/11/2004
21 Reuben Ginbey 10/09/2004
22 Jack Cleaver 22/05/2004
23 Clay Hall 12/05/2005
24 Rohan MacNeill 19/10/2004
27 Jasper Scaife 30/09/2004
29 Coen Livingstone 25/05/2005
32 Mitchell Edwards 02/06/2005
36 Jed Adams 14/05/2004
37 Corey Tregenza 14/12/2003
38 Harry Cole 03/09/2004
39 Hugh Davies 28/09/2004

Tom Smith (emg) 08/03/2004
Jordan Douglas (emg) 11/09/2004
Conrad Williams (emg) 30/11/2004

IN: Chase Bourne, Clay Hall, Coen Livingstone, Connor McDonald, Jed Adams, Koen Sanchez, Tyrell Dewar, Jasper Scaife
OUT: Darcy Jones (Health & Safety Protocols), Jed Hagan (Health & Safety Protocols), Kane Bevan (Health & Safety Protocols), Riley Hardeman (Health & Safety Protocols), Sam Gilbey (Health & Safety Protocols), Luke Michael (Health & Safety Protocols), Jedd Busslinger (Injured – shoulder_, Jackson Broadbent (squad rotation)

Cadman with 2.1 so far. Couple of nice contested marks. He is going to be a big boy once he fills out too.

Needs to improve his set shot goal kicking though.

Clark easily the best player so far. Having an influence inside and outside the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching the 2nd half. Far better effort from WA after not being competitive in the first half. My best for the game:

Vic Country: Hollands, Clark, Van Es, Szybkowski, Cadman, Schuback & Long. Binns & McMullin up there as well.

WA: Ginbey, Hewett, Cleaver, Dewar and Tholstrup (2nd half)

Just finished watching the 2nd half. Far better effort from WA after not being competitive in the first half. My best for the game:

Vic Country: Hollands, Clark, Van Es, Szybkowski, Cadman, Schuback & Long. Binns & McMullin up there as well.

WA: Ginbey, Hewett, Cleaver, Dewar and Tholstrup (2nd half)
Good WA list would of only added Baker and Mcdonald thought both had moments

Vic Country Vs WA

VC

Oliver Hollands - his kicking. Wow. Easily the best game I’ve seen him play. So damaging with his ball use in tough conditions. Long kicks, short kicks, it didn’t matter he was hitting them sweet. Hit a couple of elite 40+m kicks across the ground to open up the play. His vision, gut running to space and composure were also super impressive. He is currently a midfield but I could see him cutting teams apart across half back. After seeing today, I’d argue he has the best kick in the draft.

Jyhe Clark - industrious. Rarely has a bad game and rarely makes bad decisions. Won plenty of footy at the coal face, but also had a bit of impact on the outside. Defensive intent is always there. Considering the conditions he was also very clean. Has 200 gamer written all over him.

Mitch Szybkowski - won a tonne of footy and the coal face and mainly distributed by hand. He doesn’t seem to have any crazy elite features in his game but the big bodied kid continually wins the ball in the contest. Think he has a bit less scope for upside compared to some of the other mids in the draft. His obvious point of difference though, is his height.

Jaxson Binns - accumulated the footy along the wing and through the midfield. Kicking and decision making was a bit iffy. I think he tries to do a bit too much with his kicking which is why he ends up scrubbing a few kicks.

Jonti Schuback - didn’t get tonnes of the footy but provided some real zip off half back. His decision making was good and he was super clean by foot. Hit some really nice kicks while coming out of defensive 50. Rarely plays a bad game and rarely gets goals kicked on him.

Aaron Cadman - standout key forward on the ground. Took some nice marks and worked hard on the lead. Kicked 3.3 but really should’ve ended up with 5 if it wasn’t for his poor set shot routine. For a key forward he was really good at ground level.

James Van Es - impressive, don’t recall him losing a one v one in defence. Took some really nice contested marks and also killed the footy on a number of occasions. Looks composed with ball in hand. Will be a big boy once he fills out as well. Will watch with interest as to how he tests at the combine. Seems to lack a little bit of athleticism but that could’ve just been the conditions today.

Noah Long - zipped around half forward and inside forward 50. Kicked 3 and played a hand in a few more. Really liked his defensive intent too.

WA

Rueben Gibney - best on for WA. Was good at the coal face but worked hard both ways to provide an option. Marked the ball well and looked to move the ball on fast when in posession. Always seems to get his hands free while getting tackled which is a good trait for an inside midfielder.

Elijah Hewett - lacked his usual class and explosiveness (due to the conditions) but still played a decent game. Found the footy, but was a bit rushed by foot, which resulted in some turnovers. Had a couple of really big bone crunching tackles which you can always expect from him.

Jack Cleaver - played across half back and did his best to provide some drive for WA. Hit some really nice kicks coming out of defence and he was probably one of the only WA defenders who didn’t lower his colours.

Couple of write ups. Focused on the top agers.

As an Eagles supporter, players I hope we at looking would be. Cadman and Binns Anyone have an idea if these two are rated in the 20-30's by any chance. After watching today game, I'd doubt it! Cadman a good FF in a few years, and BInns for that link up through the middle transition off HB/W.

As an Eagles supporter, players I hope we at looking would be. Cadman and Binns Anyone have an idea if these two are rated in the 20-30's by any chance. After watching today game, I'd doubt it! Cadman a good FF in a few years, and BInns for that link up through the middle transition off HB/W.
You clearly haven't been keeping up with the draft. Cadman is a likely top 10 prospect. Binns could go anywhere after 30.

You clearly haven't been keeping up with the draft. Cadman is a likely top 10 prospect. Binns could go anywhere after 30.
Great thanks, just not convinced by Hewett at pick 2/3.
With WC history at draft night maybe we’ll trade back in the draft… take Cadman at 8’ish, Binns with one of our pics in the 20’s

If you want a link up player Tsatas and Sheezel could be the ones with your first rounder.

Tsatas has been out for a while with injury, but his early season form was pretty impressive.

Sheezel’s recent form speaks for itself.

What are your thoughts on the WA KPF Corey Tregenza-Cashell?
i find it hard to comment on 19 year olds playing in the champs because they have an advantage of an extra years development, coaches give them the best positions and opportunities ect, also they have missed their draft year, meaning clubs have overlooked them already, but he does have some talent to kick 6 goals in 3 games, takes a lovely grab and has a chance to impress clubs again next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back