Society/Culture Victoria Cross winner Ben Roberts-Smith - Allegations of war crimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
War hero Ben Roberts-Smith interviewed by police over alleged killing
The Australian Federal Police has interviewed former SAS soldier Ben Roberts-Smith over allegations he kicked an Afghan prisoner off a cliff in a serious development in the long-running saga involving Australia’s most decorated Afghan veteran

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
1585009106351.png

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
War hero Ben Roberts-Smith interviewed by police over alleged killing
The Australian Federal Police has interviewed former SAS soldier Ben Roberts-Smith over allegations he kicked an Afghan prisoner off a cliff in a serious development in the long-running saga involving Australia’s most decorated Afghan veteran

So correct me if I'm mistaken but Ben Roberts Smith kicked a man off a cliff because he was trying to be like King Leonidas in 300 when he kicked that Persian guy down the hole?

I know a lot of SAS guys watch the movie 300 together as a kind of team bonding/motivational thing but I didn't know one of them was willing to take it that far.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
So correct me if I'm mistaken but Ben Roberts Smith kicked a man off a cliff because he was trying to be like King Leonidas in 300 when he kicked that Persian guy down the hole?

I know a lot of SAS guys watch the movie 300 together as a kind of team bonding/motivational thing but I didn't know one of them was willing to take it that far.
The irony being Roberts-Smith was part of an invasion force rather than defending his country.

Pity the same won't happen to him.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

So you dont know your right & you make that claim, what sort of lowlife are you? Not getting into the claim, but you lack any form of cred imho.

My father (WW2) told me only the losers face war crimes charges, he was involved in the bombing of Dresden .....

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
So you dont know your right & you make that claim, what sort of lowlife are you? Not getting into the claim, but you lack any form of cred imho.

My father (WW2) told me only the losers face war crimes charges, he was involved in the bombing of Dresden .....

WW2 happened in the 40s you lowlife. 300 hadn't been made yet and Gerard Butler wasn't even born.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Can you tell me he's incorrect then?

I am not stupid enough to make such a damning claim when I didnt know the answer, its bottom feeder material unworthy of a high school student.

I can tell you this, he was there because WE sent him, despite attempts here to deny that minor technicality.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
WW2 happened in the 40s you lowlife. 300 hadn't been made yet and Gerard Butler wasn't even born.

Immaterial, you are accusing this guy & you havent got the cohunas to front up.
If you had any self respect you'd pull your head in & give war crimes a wide pass, people die you clown.

The movie, Jaz Butler, who cares, its the unsupported claim that makes my blood boil.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
I am not stupid enough to make such a damning claim when I didnt know the answer, its bottom feeder material unworthy of a high school student.

I can tell you this, he was there because WE sent him, despite attempts here to deny that minor technicality.
We didn't send him there to Spartan kick Afghani villagers to death.

Hopefully he ends up locked up for a long time.

If you had any self respect you'd pull your head & give war crimes a wide pass, people die you clown.

The movie, Jaz Butler, who cares, its the unsupported claim that makes my blood boil.

Do you live under a rock?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Do you live under a rock?

Well whacko, If you get the context of the discussion, you might be relevant:

&

Time for you to go 2s, number 37 !!!

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood

That minor technicality would be Murder wouldn't it?

Well whacko, If you get the context of the discussion, you might be relevant:

&

Time for you to go 2s, number 37 !!!

Check the thread title Sarge.

SAS love mottos and token BS, perhaps they should all have tattooed on their foreheads the Spiderman principle "with great power comes great responsibility".

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If you had any self respect you'd pull your head & give war crimes a wide pass, people die you clown.

The fact that he kicked a civilian off a cliff is not an unsupported claim. The only thing in question is what compelled him to commit such an act, and it seems like a reasonable assumption to make that he was trying to emulate King Leonidas in 300 - a movie that our SAS troopers seemed to have an obsession with at the time.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
That minor technicality would be Murder wouldn't it?

Some dick claimed it was an invasion.
My father was over Germany because we invaded France & he was sent to bomb Dresden.

If you need to call it murder go for it.

If Roberts -Smith murdered the guy so be it, he will be held to account. The Aussies who turned the machine guns on unarmed prisoners at Cowra were never charged, for good reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back