Society/Culture Victoria Cross winner Ben Roberts-Smith - Allegations of war crimes

Well mate, I got some bad news for you
If that is the case.
Sack the Army and start with some proper humans.
The ones who are in at the moment can all help move *head Morrison out of the lodge and the rest of the Liberal party to the Phillipines..

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
With Kandahar falling to the Taliban today, it looks as though Kabul will only be another month or two. Makes Saigon look like an orderly retreat.

Chances of getting testimony from Afghan witnesses will be effectively zero, I fear.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Latest according to Al Jazeera is that Taliban have said no fighting in Kabul, leaders are halted at the roads entering the city, and are negotiating for a peaceful handover. However other reports say some Taliban have simply walked into various suburbs with no resistance.

US and foreign troops have kicked the Afghan army/police out of the airport and have full control, and the US says s**t will stay cool if nobody interferes with the helicopters ferrying people out of the embassy.

Taliban have full control of Bagram air base, including the prison, there is apparently a major conflict between Taliban and ISIL extremists inside the prison.

Germany are sending in four aircraft with special forces to oversee the departure of their embassy.

Taliban say all foreigners and diplomats are safe and anyone wanting to leave will be granted free passage.

Obviously this is developing minute-by-minute.

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Latest according to Al Jazeera is that Taliban have said no fighting in Kabul, leaders are halted at the roads entering the city, and are negotiating for a peaceful handover. However other reports say some Taliban have simply walked into various suburbs with no resistance.

US and foreign troops have kicked the Afghan army/police out of the airport and have full control, and the US says sh*t will stay cool if nobody interferes with the helicopters ferrying people out of the embassy.

Taliban have full control of Bagram air base, including the prison, there is apparently a major conflict between Taliban and ISIL extremists inside the prison.

Germany are sending in four aircraft with special forces to oversee the departure of their embassy.

Taliban say all foreigners and diplomats are safe and anyone wanting to leave will be granted free passage.

Obviously this is developing minute-by-minute.
Yeah Taliban have no reason to stop departing allies. In their interests really. Be stupid to start a fight with anyone leaving.
I dont completely trust the US to not cause some havoc on the way out though, so they can convince some they need to stay.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

Special US visas are being processed at the international airport, apparently there are 10000+ Americans still there, plus at least 20,000 Afghan interpreters/fixers/assistants/employees who were promised they would be taken care of, plus another 50,000+ family members of those people.

US are burning anything not nailed down at the embassy, especially flags etc that could be used for propaganda purposes. However they have said they are not abandoning it, I guess they want to retain their own 36-acre piece of someone else's real estate.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
The allies went into Afganistan to remove Al qaeda. Job accomplished there. Taliban were never the reason allies went in. Afgan problem now.

CIA and US military industrial complex are desperate to get back in. Great money to be had from the weapon sales needed for that.
I praise Biden for so far remaining strong and staying out. Although I heard a story, that some troops were returning :(
So after AQ was gone, why did they stay another 12 years?

If we replayed Saigon in 1975 and Kandahar today, would anyone be able to tell the difference
Yes.

The yanks got chased out of Saigon by a real army, with tanks and artillery and stuff.

They are getting chased out of Afghanistan by some blokes with Hiluxes and RPG's.

Yes.

The yanks got chased out of Saigon by a real army, with tanks and artillery and stuff.

They are getting chased out of Afghanistan by some blokes with Hiluxes and RPG's.

from what ive read this morning, it was 80,000 vs 300,000 - but the govt forces have either put up little to no fight, or outright surrendered

I dont know the local politics at all, but looks like the hearts and minds campaign for the govt is an utter fail

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
1629068427629.png

Back