Oppo Camp Victoria Park Railway Station 1980s

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sorry to intrude here folks, but this topic has been annoying/troubling me for decades.

When I was a young laddie in the vrry early 80s, my beautiful Mother always took me to work and placed me in day care there at the time. I never remembered anything about that time execpt those train trips on those marvellous asbestos filled Harris trains from Fairfield station and rolling past VIc Park station.that had Collingwood player caricatures put outside the station platform fences at the time (Tony Shaw was definitely one, I think Peter Daicos and Dennis Banks also had similar caricatures posted)

I ask this because I have timelessly looked up google images and no such luck, and it'd driving me nuts, really hoping you Pies fans can remember what I did and better yet, provide photographic proof.

This may sound stupid or trivial coming from a Carlton supporter, but this had been troubling/bugging me for years now.

*I am not insane btw, but yeah being a . 21st Century Blue Bagger doesn't help, but you get my drift:)

I went to Victoria Park station many times for matches and training through the 1980s but don't remember ever seeing them.
Doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

All I remember looking at from the station are the big black and white stripes which were really prominent and hard to miss when you walked off the train. I do not recall seeing images of players but they could have been before my time, I was pretty young then.

I would say that the poster is mistaken about permanent caricatures bring outside of Vic Park. These surely would have been recorded.
What he may have seen, and this is only conjecture, could have been life size cardboard cutouts of players placed outside of the shop. Promoting goods, memberships and anything else.
These type of collectables were rife in the 80’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back