Victoria to put parents in jail for ten years for questioning their own child's gender

Remove this Banner Ad

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
As stated by Jon Anderson today, this truly is the biggest threat to our democracy in 120 years - and so deserving of its own thread.

What on earth is this? Dan Andrews making parents that question their young teen's gender transition into CRIMINALS that face TEN YEARS in jail?

Is Victorian Labor out of its mind?

How on earth do the BigFooty far-lefties support this nonsense. Like, surely there comes a stage where you think "hang on, Lurch's latest load of BS is too much even for me".

Worried about teen gender ‘craze’? You haven’t got a prayer

Legislation before the Victorian parliament will make the act of prayer a criminal offence in some circumstances.

It will be illegal to counsel a person to change or suppress their chosen gender identity. Prohibited actions include “carrying out a religious practice, including but not limited to, a prayer-based practice”.

The prohibition applies whether or not the subject consented to the prayer-based activity. The penalty is up to 10 years’ imprisonment or an enormous fine.

Parents are in trouble, too. The Human Rights Law Alliance warns that “parents who struggle with their 13-year-old daughter’s sudden presentation of gender confusion and who oppose chemical and surgical practices to transition appearance to that of a male, could be made criminals and face jail time”.

Pay walled. But considering how many people cried wolf over Canada's laws, I'm going to assume its something similar here.

In that no parent is going to jail or having their kids stripped off them, except in cases of extreme abuse and cruelty.

When it comes to trans issues suddenly people care about science and nature? Let's put all this scientific certainty that we use to put down the trans community and transfer that into climate policy.

Certainly - the Science says Australia's emissions (and certainly only a reduction in those total emissions) has negligible or zero impact on the Earth's climate.

“carrying out a religious practice, including but not limited to, a prayer-based practice”
It's legislation against using mystical religious rubbish to force a child to "pray the gay away".

It's a harmful practice. It hurts innocent people. It's good to ban it.

It's legislation against using mystical religious rubbish to force a child to "pray the gay away".

It's a harmful practice. It hurts innocent people. It's good to ban it.

The proposed legislation is about gender, not "gay".

Parents should have the right to pray, or be religious, in their own homes. This is an outrageous over-reach. It's not about "conversion therapy" or whatever you are falsely trying to portray it as.

It will be illegal to counsel a person to change or suppress their chosen gender identity - Mums and dads will be criminals for "counselling" their own children about gender transitioning - how barmy.

We are at the point where a 13 year old needs parental permission to go on an excursion at school to the local aquarium, or parental permission to watch a movie at school out of classification range, BUT no parental input allowed...in fact parents will be JAILED for even speaking about...children actually changing their gender.

What a piece of clown legislation. But, I do get amusement out of the Labor fanboys supporting and protecting this turd.

Your mob said that about wearing a mask, drama queens like you overreacting is wearing thin

I don't have a mob.

As for masks, I'm not interested in particular. In WA no one has worn one at all. What I remember is that all western Government agencies in March and April said it's more dangerous wearing one.

Probably introduced in Victoria and other places this year as Governments realised it gave the public a veneer of things being "in control" and managed.

Pay walled. But considering how many people cried wolf over Canada's laws, I'm going to assume its something similar here.

In that no parent is going to jail or having their kids stripped off them, except in cases of extreme abuse and cruelty.
PRAY WALLED!!!

Not surprised the right wing nut jobs are up in arms about a proposed law which would prevent the religious fruitcakes conning parents into sending their children for "repair" by the church.
Typical twisting of the facts for scare value amongst the uneducated of the religious community.

We are at the point where a 13 year old needs parental permission to go on an excursion at school to the local aquarium, or parental permission to watch a movie at school out of classification range, BUT no parental input allowed...in fact parents will be JAILED for even speaking about...children actually changing their gender.

What a piece of clown legislation. But, I do get amusement out of the Labor fanboys supporting and protecting this turd.
Do you have a note from your Mum allowing you to post on the internet?

PRAY WALLED!!!

Not surprised the right wing nut jobs are up in arms about a proposed law which would prevent the religious fruitcakes conning parents into sending their children for "repair" by the church.
Typical twisting of the facts for scare value amongst the uneducated of the religious community.

Right. "Religious fruitcakes" = equal parents who don't want their young children to swap genders at the direction of the State.

There is a fruitcake here but it's not who you think lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Children swapping genders at the direction of the state?

The hysteria is strong in this one.

Hehe it always makes me laugh when I see lefties defend stoopid. Such is their desire to "get at" right-wingers (usually those they *perceive* as right-wing, normally just normal or moderate people).

Hehe it always makes me laugh when I see lefties defend stoopid. Such is their desire to "get at" right-wingers (usually those they *perceive* as right-wing, normally just normal or moderate people).
Please direct me to where this is happening
Right. "Religious fruitcakes" = equal parents who don't want their young children to swap genders at the direction of the State.

Here ya go - parents who don't want their young children to swap genders are being directed by the State that that gender transition must proceed and they have no say in the matter:

None of this will surprise anyone with a child in a Victorian state school where the wishes of the parent are routinely dismissed on matters of gender identity. The Victorian Education Department has created a unique category of child they call “mature minors”, students who in the opinion of a school principal or other professional can make their own decisions about gender identity without parental consent. Hence a child too young to consent to sex is considered capable of making decisions about their gender.

Who, apart from the looniest of fruitcakes, wants the State directing that children must swap genders without the parent allowed any input (in fact, parents jailed for doing so!).

Oh and if your argument is "but the State isn't directing it's the child making the decision" then please don't waste a second more of my learned time. Any one with knowledge of the law knows that the specific term "should" imparts an active direction; a decision making requirement.

Oh and if your argument is "but the State isn't directing it's the child making the decision" then please don't waste a second more of my learned time. Any one with knowledge of the law knows that the specific term "should" imparts an active direction; a decision making requirement.
The State isn't directing it's the child making the decision

If you were moderate, you would understand that no one is going to be put in jail for questioning their own child's gender

None of this will surprise anyone with a child in a Victorian state school where the wishes of the parent are routinely dismissed on matters of gender identity.
So let's get to your experience of this.

One of your kids? A niece or nephew? A divorced friend's child?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back