Victoria vs Western Australia State of Origin 2019 - Teams and Hypothetical Game - Pick your Squads and the outcome

Remove this Banner Ad

What a match VIC vs WA would be.

Pretty evenly matched backlines
I give the edge to WA for inside mids and the edge to VIC for outside mids
Forward line is where VIC wins it though I think. Cameron probably the best key forward in the game at the moment but key forwards are pretty evenly match. It’s the mids/smalls that win it for the VICs. De Goey, Ablett and Martin (I imagine Bont plays outside the 50m arc) are all players capable of single-handedly destroying the opposition. I can’t see all three of them being shut down.

What a match VIC vs WA would be.

Pretty evenly matched backlines
I give the edge to WA for inside mids and the edge to VIC for outside mids
Forward line is where VIC wins it though I think. Cameron probably the best key forward in the game at the moment but key forwards are pretty evenly match. It’s the mids/smalls that win it for the VICs. De Goey, Ablett and Martin (I imagine Bont plays outside the 50m arc) are all players capable of single-handedly destroying the opposition. I can’t see all three of them being shut down.
I could say the same for Fyfe, Cripps and Franklin. If we get to argue Martin would be at his best Buddy gets the same benefit of the doubt.

Also, I rate WA's defence more strongly. The AFL's two best KPD (McGovern and Rance) and arguably it's best lockdown defender (this season) in Sheppard. Yeo and Rich provide some insane rebound.

Vlastuin over Crisp? Yeah, nah. And if we are playing players out of position just to squeeze them into the team, chuck Mundy on the forward flank before Martin - in fact just about 8 other blokes names in a hat and raffle them for that forward flank spot, they'd all be more deserving.

Vlaustin is a much better defensive player than Crisp. Tough as nails. Would suit State of Origin perfectly. Whitfield is your attacking back flanker. No room for Crisp unfortunately.

Yep realize that, that does not make him a West Australian. Macpotata needs to stipulate his hypothetical criteria as whether or not JK qualifies as a wa or vic player. Not having a go but if there is no criteria then which player plays for which state is then open to interpretation............................. just like the way the rules and penalties are umpired at the minute.
It does going by previous SOA.
Kennedy is originally from Northampton, Western Australia. He played football for East Fremantle in the West Australian Football League (WAFL) before being drafted to Carlton with the fourth pick in the 2005 National Draft. = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Kennedy_(footballer,_born_1987)

Tbh kennedys form this year doesnt really warrant selection.

Umps would be lost without him ........

It’s a hypothetical team, would Rance & Niknat still be as good as before injury ?.

deserves a state jumper unlike freo players who embarrass the state year after year

So often i watch him - with two players on him and one holding each arm and think that the umps are lost

Was just being tongue in cheek, I respect JK.

I know he is ragdolled regularly and have no problems with him getting frees paid in those situations. Unfortunately lately the umps are not paying the ragdoll ones, but paying some questionable ones ( 50/50 = play on ). Just an observation, all I want is consistency with the umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just being tongue in cheek, I respect JK.

I know he is ragdolled regularly and have no problems with him getting frees paid in those situations. Unfortunately lately the umps are not paying the ragdoll ones, but paying some questionable ones ( 50/50 = play on ). Just an observation, all I want is consistency with the umps.
All we aaaaall want

1) put away the whistle except for egregious frees
2) pay them the same way at both ends.
3) pay them the same way all night
4) exception to rule one : let stars be stars - if guys are hanging off them before the ball is anywhere near them give a free

Mitch Duncan like many could be there. I didn't want to be too biased including him in my team however.

Yep realize that, that does not make him a West Australian. Macpotata needs to stipulate his hypothetical criteria as whether or not JK qualifies as a wa or vic player. Not having a go but if there is no criteria then which player plays for which state is then open to interpretation............................. just like the way the rules and penalties are umpired at the minute.
Surely the only way is to use the rules as they finished in Origin (certainly not the ones that allowed the big three states to trump an original state and saw Dunstall, Pritchard, etc play for Victoria and Carey play for SA).

Why not do all the teams. Haha I may as well.

WA
B D.Rich C.Hooker J.McGovern
HB N.Wilson A.Rance B.Sheppard
C S.Coniglio P.Cripps T.Kelly
HF M.Walters L.Franklin B.Matera
F J.Cripps J.Kennedy J.Darling
Foll R.Lobb E.Yeo N.Fyfe
Inter: B.Hill, M.Duncan, P.Ryder, J.O’Meara
Emerg: B.Stratton, D.Swallow, N.Jetta D.Sheed.

Victoria
B T.Stewart M.Blivcas J.Lloyd
HB A.Saad D.Moore J.Sicily
C A.Treloar B.Cunnington R.Sloame
HF P.Dangerfield J.Cameron T.Boak
F J.De Goey T.Lynch G.Ablett
Foll: M.Gawn M.Bontempelli J.Kelly
Inter: L.Whitfield, J.Macrae, R.Gray, S.Pendlebury
Emerg: M.Hurley, Z.Merrett, L.Ryan, L.Shuey.

Allies
B J.Harbrow A.Pearce Z.Tuohy
HB Z.Williams H.Andrews D.Rampe
C J.Anderson D.Beams I.Smith
HF C.Cameron B.Brown A.Sexton
F A.Tipungwutti T.Hawkins J.Riewoldt
Foll: J.Witts J.Hopper D.Zorko
Inter: M.Robinson, L.Bruest, J.Howe, I.Heeney.
Emerg: H.Greenwood, S.May, J.Koldashjnii, M.Suckling.

South Australia
B C.Daniel P.Davis L.Brown
HB R.Laird B.Cox S.Hurn
C J.Polec L.Neale S.Edwards
HF O.Fantasia J.Westhoff C.Wingard
F L.McCarthy S.Lycett S.Gray
Foll: B.Grundy J.Redden G.Hewett
Inter: T.Jonas,B.Smith,T.Dumomt,W.Milera
Emerg: R.Stanley,A.Neale-Bullen, R.Burton, H.Hartlett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back