State of Origin Victoria want Origin Fulltime but USA has other ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Would these international games be during the season or post?

Post season wouldn't be an exhibition game, no issue with that if it's paying for itself.

During the season would be a legit contest but clubs would be missing players for 6 weeks a season rather than 3 in most likelihood. Good luck with that.

Would prefer to see the regular series feature a rotating game. So Sydney/Brisbane get 1 game each a year, whilst you rotate the additional game around Melbourne, Perth, NZ if they want it etc.

They would whinge up north, but in reality each city would only be losing 1 game in comparison to the current 3 year cycle

The game need's the money. Who knows where it may lead. Imagine one origin every year traveling the world. Los Angeles. New York. Hong Kong. London. Hobart.

It could be like the NFL superbowl. Different location every year.

Hahaha, oh boy I cracked it when I saw that.

If only Melbourne had a decent rectangular stadium. Oh the lack of foresight.

That's actually incorrect, AAMI Park was originally drafted to be 50k+ (and is still upgradable to be that) but some silly deal between Etihad Stadium and the Vic Government; and some other political bs, stipulated no other 30k+ stadiums could be built in Victoria at the time AAMI was being built.

In fact I think the revised draft was going to settle for a 20-25k stadium until Melb Victory threatened to withdraw as a tenant if the stadium wasn't going to at least be 30k.

dude, I know all that. If it were me, I would have waited until the Docklands exclusivity expired then built the stadium that should have been built in the first place. We have a stadium that is used by 3 major codes, yet the big games have to played at an inferior oval stadium.

If you had 56000 at Etihad and 56000 at AAMI, there'd be no comparison as to which would be the better viewing experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Melbourne. Great crowd and a pretty good viewing audience. Etihad was pretty good with the seats out.

Agree with u on the above except the bit on Eithad. I hate watching sport that requires a rectangular field being played on oval fields. No matter where you sit in that stadium, it never makes up for the fact you can't feel you are close to the action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back