Free Agency Chris Mayne [signed with Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he could fix up his goal kicking, he'd be much more valuable than he currently is. That's the main problem with Mayne at the moment

Won't leave Freo, he's the type of spud Ross Lyon brings into the club not lets go.
Mayne was drafted years before Lyon came to the club. Nice try.
It's a tough one actually. Is Mayne really a spud....or has he just been made to look a spud due to the defensive gameplan?

Who knows, he could be a completely different player in a more naturally attacking, free-flowing team.
The issue with him these days is that his set shots have gone to s**t. If he recaptures his old accuracy, he'd be a whole different player.

cad618916168998047f1da433679dc69.jpg

Anyone else notice this? Mayne doesn't look too enchanted by Lyons direction. Held that expression for a while lol

I actually reckon he would be a good addition at Melbourne - he seems like the kind of guy who will be rubbish in a poor team (which is what Fremantle are right now), but in a team that plays attacking footy and loves the physical side of the game, he could be very handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not want don't want us targeting mediocre players but I guess that went out the windowwhen we got Jack Fitzpatrick

I like to think that was just Hawthorn's overreaction to Sydney's trade ban - if our enemy Sydney can't trade, then we must do all the trades!!!

Mayne is nothing more than a very average footballer. Surprised that so many Victorian clubs are reportedly interested in him, and I hope Carlton is not one of them.

Sadly, given the state of our forward line...it wouldn't surprise me if we were.

Yup, the Carlton forward recruiting drive is underway as we speak ...

MontyPythondeathcart.JPG

Mayne is nothing more than a very average footballer. Surprised that so many Victorian clubs are reportedly interested in him, and I hope Carlton is not one of them.

Sadly, given the state of our forward line...it wouldn't surprise me if we were.
They're not...

Colin Young is his manager - strange media hype mystery solved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back