Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

You're going to need a source for a claim like that. And something better than 'I've heard from someone on the inside', I'd like full details on the timeline i.e. when they got tested (because it needs to go to a lab to get a result, so there's a significant lag). Were they tested 15min before dying?
I was listening to the news a lot last week as I was planning on going over to Melbourne to watch the footy and I can guarantee that the first death in NSW from like 12 days ago or whatever was described on the ABC as having tested positive for covid 15 minutes prior to death. And i recall the second (the mother of the removalists) was not diagnosed until after she was found dead.

I was listening to the news a lot last week as I was planning on going over to Melbourne to watch the footy and I can guarantee that the first death in NSW from like 12 days ago or whatever was described on the ABC as having tested positive for covid 15 minutes prior to death. And i recall the second (the mother of the removalists) was not diagnosed until after she was found dead.
I'm guessing they had a fairly sudden onset of symptoms which warranted hospitalisation where they were then tested. And the time taken to get a result back was similar to the time taken for them to unfortunately pass.

Or they could have died of something completely unrelated.
is there a reason to think that? and i dont mean a "duur hurr dictator dan 5g chinese kung-flu communist takeover" reason, like an actual legit and realistic reason why hundreds of unconnected doctors around victoria and australia have attributed completely unrelated deaths to covid?

is there a reason to think that? and i dont mean a "duur hurr dictator dan 5g chinese kung-flu communist takeover" reason, like an actual legit and realistic reason why hundreds of unconnected doctors around victoria and australia have attributed completely unrelated deaths to covid?
I don't necessarily think it is doctors providing this, i mean isn't this just media reporting. Who knows if those who have died have died of covid (i.e respitory failure) or they died with covid (i.e they died of old age, heart disease whatever, while also being asymptomatic or mildly sympotmatic with covid).

Obviously many people have died of covid all around the world, but we don't know that these handful from Sydney have actually died of covid.

Stay away. We're ****ed

Well it would be easier to just execute people over a certain age, would save on costs right?
You can’t reasonably respond to what is basically an irrefutable argument so you come back with an inane comment about executing the aged?

Take a nap, sonny. The adults will take from here.

This isn't left vs right.

Keeping cases at zero results in the best economic and health outcomes. Reasonable people on either side of politics can see this. People with a lack of patience and foresight can struggle to grasp this. It is not in my interest where these people sit on the political spectrum. They are wrong regardless.
This is nothing but a Left / Right issue. And it’s not just here, it’s worldwide.

This is nothing but a Left / Right issue. And it’s not just here, it’s worldwide.
It's only left/right when looking from a short term sense. Chasing zero is good for health outcomes in the short and long term, and bad for the economy in the short term. But once you're at zero, you can be more open than other countries who are just trying to keep their health system from being overwhelmed. And it ends up being the least bad outcome for the economy - noting lockdowns still do damage, I'm not deluded.

It's really a short term view vs long term view issue. Those who cannot see past the next week will come to very different conclusions based on their political compass. But for those who can see beyond that, their leaning really does not matter, they will come to a similar conclusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t reasonably respond to what is basically an irrefutable argument so you come back with an inane comment about executing the aged?

Take a nap, sonny. The adults will take from here.

Complains about someone responding with an inane comment and then replies with an inane comment.

You can't make this sh*t up.

Actually I've been reading DougKlingston Shannon M & FlowersByIrene 's posts--- people can make sh*t up

Lift them all.

Dan would be stupid to, I hate lockdowns as much as anyone.... but you're asking for trouble if you lift the lockdown whie you're still getting even a handful of cases popping up. Plus can you really trust anyone in "quarrantine" to not go wandering off spreading their covidity around once they hear restrictions have eased ? The public are stupid selfish idiots that would plunge us back into lockdown.

He's better off making sure new daily cases stays at 0
And even getting the active cases down to 0 just to be sure

They won’t all be lifted…

Kids will be back at school
Hospitality with reopen with big restrictions
Until majority of the population are vaccinated, large public gatherings will not be permitted…the gf is 100000000/1 to be at the MCG and drifting.

You can't ban large gatherings without thus banning schools from having on site learning.

They won’t all be lifted…

Kids will be back at school
Hospitality with reopen with big restrictions
Until majority of the population are vaccinated, large public gatherings will not be permitted…the gf is 100000000/1 to be at the MCG and drifting.
Vic Gov will pull out all stops to host the GF in front of a large crowd.

Unless we’re in an actual lockdown anyone who would be at the game will likely go to some sort of gathering, different to an average game where if people can’t go, there’s a good chance they’ll just watch at home. There’s no real point restricting the crowd too heavily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back