Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah no one has promised no lockdowns even the Doherty report included lockdowns. Anyone that think no more lockdowns is an idiot not paying attention.

That is the general vibe I get speaking to people everyday. That is, many think lockdowns will be ceased once vax rates are achieved.

That is the general vibe I get speaking to people everyday. That is, many think lockdowns will be ceased once vax rates are achieved.
That's mostly because Gladys and the Feds have cherry picked part of the report to distract from their monumental * up.

So some important numbers to note:

87% of the current outbreak are under 50

Of the 111 people in hospital, 89% are unvaccinated and 11% have had one dose. No-one currently in hospital has been fully vaccinated.

That's some pretty strong evidence that the vaccines do what they're intended to do.

Another factor to consider is that I’d expect to see a drop in testing.

As the number of exposure sites increases people are getting pinged more to come in for testing.

But if you get pinged 2 or 3 times a week (as is happening now in our household) eventually people are going to stop going.

But if you get pinged 2 or 3 times a week (as is happening now in our household) eventually people are going to stop going.
Why is your household getting pinged 2 or 3 times a week. Aren’t you in lockdown?

No, we’re just going to places that turn up as Tier 2.

Going on the latest alert (I’m standing in the line waiting for a test right now) they’re running 7 days behind exposure.
I’m in 14 day iso, having visited a site later declared Tier 1. I was there for max 5 minutes. It is a Russian Roulette

So we're not allowed to go to regional areas to vaccinate, despite the fact that metro melbourne is fully booked out for the next few months? I was lucky to get my first shot today because someone cancelled, otherwise I'd be waiting until late October and to drive all the way to Ballarat for it. Plenty of others aren't so lucky in the under 40s group.

Shocked totally shocked
You have a problem with NSW getting a s**t ton of extra vaccines when cases were booming ?

I bet you were on the blower complaining when Victoria was getting 40% of total Jobkeeper $ last yr during that big lockdown ?

Tough crowd to please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most comprehensive data on covid in Australia to date

The following quote from the report really amazed me, and highlights how misguided so much of the discussion on BF is about how Australia has managed the pandemic.

“If Australia had experienced the same crude case and death rates as 3 comparable countries— Canada, Sweden and the United Kingdom—there would have been between 680,000 and 2 million cases instead of the 28,500 that did occur, and between 15 and 46 times the number of deaths.”

No, we’re just going to places that turn up as Tier 2.

Going on the latest alert (I’m standing in the line waiting for a test right now) they’re running 7 days behind exposure.
At least you're getting pinged. Two sites near me (a cafe and a newsagent) were put up as tier 2 sites last Wednesday for a case attending on the 27th August. Neither site has received a call from the Department of Health as of yet. They only found out this week via a customer who happened to see it on a website.

The following quote from the report really amazed me, and highlights how misguided so much of the discussion on BF is about how Australia has managed the pandemic.

“If Australia had experienced the same crude case and death rates as 3 comparable countries— Canada, Sweden and the United Kingdom—there would have been between 680,000 and 2 million cases instead of the 28,500 that did occur, and between 15 and 46 times the number of deaths.”
And also 97% of covid deaths had fatal comorbidities.

450 today and a few cases in regional areas.

If those regional cases are Melbournians trying to sneak out out lockdown, then country folk have every reason to be furious with us city slickers. Got a feeling the regions sadly won't be open that long.

You have a problem with NSW getting a sh*t ton of extra vaccines when cases were booming ?

I bet you were on the blower complaining when Victoria was getting 40% of total Jobkeeper $ last yr during that big lockdown ?

Tough crowd to please.

Yeah it's a total disaster sending additional vaccines to places where they have lots of coronavirus cases. It's the thin end of
the wedge. Soon they'll be sending extra fire engines and firefighters to where the bushfires are, and extra lifeguards to the
really busy beaches. This crazy s**t just has to stop.

Yeah it's a total disaster sending additional vaccines to places where they have lots of coronavirus cases. It's the thin end of
the wedge. Soon they'll be sending extra fire engines and firefighters to where the bushfires are, and extra lifeguards to the
really busy beaches. This crazy sh*t just has to stop.
Considering Dan has been blasting the PM for not receiving his fair share of vaccines, in light of today's announcement of the extra 400,000 doses Victoria is being sent, Dan should knock some of it back if he wasn't so hypocritical and had some morals. After all these doses are taking away from QLD, WA and the rest of the country bar NSW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back