Victorian government bans school kids from using mobile phones

Remove this Banner Ad

Kids require boundaries & discipline.....No phones & no tv are the perfect places to start.

Therein begins the real education of actual culture.....Technology is dumbing our kids down with distraction/amusement dependency, one device at a time.

What the hell kind of rule is this? We used to use the basketball court or oval on the weekend. Do you need a teacher present for that?
Apparently this is just... not something you can do anymore and seemingly became redundant a while ago.

I used to live near a school that had synthetic turf and soccer goals. I was just having some shots at like 5pm on a Wednesday, beautiful afternoon, and a few people were walking by but I didn't assume anything of it. Some teacher came up to me, asked who I was waiting for, and of course then asked what I thought I was doing on the school property. I honestly thought he was taking the piss. 'But this is owned by the government isn't it... isn't this a public school?' and he looked at me like I'd been ransacking his bins. Maybe it's some inner city thing but he honestly thought I was bullshitting when I told him I'd just always done it – didn't everyone go down the nets in the middle of summer? Hope the tennis nets were open a week later during the Australian Open?

If it's a public school it should be open to the public.

Cooked and crooked.

Almost all schools are now fenced off and not available to the public; it sucks, because it's a public school, but people were vandalising the sh!t out of them. Just another reason why we can't have nice things. That said, the school gates at my kids' primary school don't close to until well after 4, probably closer to 5, and kids play on the equipment after class for half an hour or so with no teacher supervision.

At the schools I hang out front of they make the kids wear high vis vests when outside playing and waiting for their parents to pick them up.

I swear teenagers can't even sit around and chat s**t anymore without at least one member of the group loading up videos on their phone to show everyone
Not just teenagers.

I see this at restaurants, bars etc all the time. I am guilty myself of it occasionally when out drinking with mates. I’m always dumbfounded though when I’m at a restaurant and see two people clearly on a date sitting there texting people.

We’re all ****ed.

Apparently this is just... not something you can do anymore and seemingly became redundant a while ago.

I used to live near a school that had synthetic turf and soccer goals. I was just having some shots at like 5pm on a Wednesday, beautiful afternoon, and a few people were walking by but I didn't assume anything of it. Some teacher came up to me, asked who I was waiting for, and of course then asked what I thought I was doing on the school property. I honestly thought he was taking the piss. 'But this is owned by the government isn't it... isn't this a public school?' and he looked at me like I'd been ransacking his bins. Maybe it's some inner city thing but he honestly thought I was bulls**tting when I told him I'd just always done it – didn't everyone go down the nets in the middle of summer? Hope the tennis nets were open a week later during the Australian Open?

If it's a public school it should be open to the public.

Cooked and crooked.

Never stop hopping fences

Remove this Banner Ad

Back