Victorian independence - is it inevitable?

Remove this Banner Ad

SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay

Seasoned Football Analyst
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Then he should stop whingeing about WA's GST share.
I'm astounded as to why the Sydney Libs that run the country think their continual attacks on WA are a good idea.

WA is what, three weeks behind the rest of the country on vacc rates? Have lived a basically normal life the whole time.

These idiots who gloated about their "gold standard" until it fell to crap now claim they are leading lololol

Saint

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
What I don't understand is how Victorians are the most vocal about climate change when they'll also be the least negatively impacted (relative to other states) and are also the worst polluters. I don't think anyone in Vic thinks our brown-coal fired plants have long left.

We've got huge water storage plus a desal plant as insurance.

We don't have large river systems (except along the Murray border) and not many people live in arid areas. Bushfires seem to be the real climate change problem for Vic, but that's just because we haven't cleared as much bush.

How is it that Victorians can see the folly of Qld who will be exposed to more cyclones, more flooding and a near-inability to get insurance, but Queenslanders can't?

SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay

Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What I don't understand is how Victorians are the most vocal about climate change when they'll also be the least negatively impacted (relative to other states) and are also the worst polluters. I don't think anyone in Vic thinks our brown-coal fired plants have long left.

We've got huge water storage plus a desal plant as insurance.

We don't have large river systems (except along the Murray border) and not many people live in arid areas. Bushfires seem to be the real climate change problem for Vic, but that's just because we haven't cleared as much bush.

How is it that Victorians can see the folly of Qld who will be exposed to more cyclones, more flooding and a near-inability to get insurance, but Queenslanders can't?
We know from lived experience that there's actually very few jobs in mining these days.

The NSW/Queensland based Coalition have also been very successful at making coal into a culture war issue.

Have you read Lech Blaine's most recent Quarterly Essay?

Very good (better than me lol) at explaining how coal has come to equal good blokes who watch State of Origin and have a jet ski in many seats up there.

Saint

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
We know from lived experience that there's actually very few jobs in mining these days.

The NSW/Queensland based Coalition have also been very successful at making coal into a culture war issue.

Have you read Lech Blaine's most recent Quarterly Essay?

Very good (better than me lol) at explaining how coal has come to equal good blokes who watch State of Origin and have a jet ski in many seats up there.
And in Victoria, we can see as clear as day that anybody who owns a jetski is a complete w-nker. Perhaps independence is inevitable.

SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay

Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think this is only true because the PM is so anti-Victorian. If Bill Shorten were PM, this wouldn't be the case.
Agree 1000000 per cent.

But Shorten ISN'T the PM, largely because Scotty ran as a coal loving NRL man and cleaned up in NSW and Queensland.

Now we've got Albo, the NRL man who is pretending to love coal.

The population bubble in NSW/Queensland means you win elections there alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad