Victorian independence - is it inevitable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Victoria become independent of the Federation of Australia?

These guys certainly think so.

After what we went through in 2020/21 ... is Victoria's future still in Australia, or as an independent country?

Victoria has been in Australia for 120 years. It was self-governing for 57 years before that - in which time it became one of the richest places on Earth.

With Scott Morrison widely regarded as the Prime Minister for NSW and states going their own way on COVID ... is Victoria moving further and further away from Australia inevitable?

They do realise there would be no AFL Grand Final if Victoria was independent.

At least Victorians will finally get in the test team

Why not?

Are we reporting the ravings of every Tom, Dick and Harry on Twitter now? Hold on, I'll go find the people who think the Queen is being impersonated by Paul Hogan.

I'd say it makes more.sense than this.

Last edited:
Well, it's true that Sydney Scotty is treating Victoria as though it's a foreign country already. Maybe Victoria should start acting more like an independent nation. I don't think the result will be secession and independence, but more state power and autonomy within the Federation.

Oh my wordy lordy yes. The federal government is corrupt, a drain on tax money, unrepresentative and actively harmful to indigenous sovereignty and refugees.

It also screws over everywhere except NSW and select parts of Queensland.

Well, it's true that Sydney Scotty is treating Victoria as though it's a foreign country already. Maybe Victoria should start acting more like an independent nation. I don't think the result will be secession and independence, but more state power and autonomy within the Federation.

Very much this.

Scotty has been actively ceding powers to the states.

Well if Victoria is independent then maybe it will go back to a VFL. At the very least the rest of Australia aren’t copping a Grand Final in Melbourne every year

It'd be a VFL with the Grand Final in Melbourne every year. Australian teams would play in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make it happen. Haven't felt like an Australian since the sh*t NSW flogs threw at us last year

Yeah, I keep hearing so many people say that.

Go follow them on twitter if you don't already

Alternatively Victoria could decide an election for once and vote every single one of the god bothering conspiracy theorist kooks out.

NSW/QLD right wing population bubble means we're doomed to rule by them.

cross check..all windows open…static blue angels ..tracking …wheel around left wing..
hey in party mode…never seen that before…
rocking the gees…
preparing to tackle grand zero …
mighty effort…blue you’re on it …
heaven will help us see you in the bar… yep I said that..whoo

Fracturing is inevitable. The US continues to have a strong divide between red and blue states. Europe is splintering. Makes sense a country of this size is too.

It's geographically impossible to assume people are going to hold the same values.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back