Victorians, what did you manage to do in the lockdown (freedom) window

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to visit my sister mid week that not seen for months but annoyingly I felt sick in recent days with some sort of tummy bug so was putting if off until well again only, to now realise Dan ******* farce of hiring unprofessional security people for a quarantine type role for people coming from overseas is going to * up a lot of people's plans for rest of winter and now cannot see sis and bro-in law for a lot longer time. ******* annoying.

The answer is "spread the virus more than any other state and put the rest of the nation at risk." But at least you all had the freedom to do that I suppose.

The answer is "spread the virus more than any other state and put the rest of the nation at risk." But at least you all had the freedom to do that I suppose.
We opened up less and slower than you and now we are back locked down in our homes but yeah thanks for your kind words of support

We opened up less and slower than you and now we are back locked down in our homes but yeah thanks for your kind words of support
I am a victorian my entire family are in victoria. Fact is, we have none you have all these cases. Seems no one down there takes it seriously. My mother who is 80 lives ten houses from one of the suburbs with a hot spot. STILL went to the gym every day, despite being offered to take home the equipment. No, she misses the social side of it. Wouldn't happen in Brisbane.

I am a victorian my entire family are in victoria. Fact is, we have none you have all these cases. Seems no one down there takes it seriously. My mother who is 80 lives ten houses from one of the suburbs with a hot spot. STILL went to the gym every day, despite being offered to take home the equipment. No, she misses the social side of it. Wouldn't happen in Brisbane.
What wouldn't happen in Brisbane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in a clear minority here but other than not spending countless hours driving kids around from one sport to another nothing has changed. Being semi rual I get up at the same time every day and instead of making lunches for kids I make breakfast for them prior to them going onto zoom school, then the rest of my day is the same and in truth so is my life.
I only go out once a week to shop and take the dog for a long walk, face to face contact with people has never been a massive want if mine although I'm not antisocial in anyway and when I'm in public I tend to be a people watcher anyway.
At the moment I'm busy pruning my grape vines before they bud off for the new season, keeping up with the grass as it has been the best winter in ten years for paddocks and stock feed and lazy owners will be the cause of issues this fire season. I've started and will complete a retaining wall project that has been ten years in the planning or over due depending on who you listen to then I'll be filling three sides of my deck so I can finally enjoy summer afternoons out there for the first time without being blown off it.
So from my end no real lamenting out than not being able to watch the kids playing sports that are their outlet.

I'm an outlier no doubt but being bullied at a young age for being deaf didn't leave me with scars just less reliant on others for both enjoyment and self worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back