Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Got it on Xbox One X ... finding some of the enemies pretty difficult on that same setting.

Also there’s something claustrophobic about the viewing angle to me. I feel like I have to move the camera way too much.

Thus far it feels like a worse Uncharted... but I’m giving it a chance!

I find the choppiness on XBox One X only happens in zone transitions and smooths out before you enter a fight. You on a PS4 Pro Caiphus ? I wonder if the older XBone models suffer similar problems?

I was frustrated by the Ogdo Bogdo until I left him and came back with a bit more in the way of resources. Agree on the Purge Troopers. Second Sister is a fairer fight.

I cheesed ogdo bogdo by just running into the hallway and chipping at him when he turned his back.

I'm just on a regular ps4 I guess they are snack with the optimisation now and this isn't even frostbite engined so I don't know what their excuse is.

Why would you buy the console version of anything if you have a pc with a 2080?!?

My old 360 controller that is been using on my PC has drift out the wazoo so I tend to stick with mouse and keyboard games on the pc since the ps4 controllers don't play nice.

Haven't played this yet, but i prefer 3rd person type games on pc with mouse and keyboard. Played all bar 1 of the AC games on PC, i hating playing AC2 on the PS3.

I hear fallen order is worth a play, but nothing ground breaking.

Just been given a PS4

Haven’t really been into video games for a long so I was hoping to get some hints at which games I could get as well as general tips for how to get the most out of my PS4.

I’m not big on first person shooters. More strategy games.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, is AFL Evolution any good?

Is it as good as AFL 98?

Ps4 has really shone for third person action games and open world games this generation. Exclusives like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne and Spiderman can all be obtained cheaply and are strategic if you don't play on easy difficulties. Not much on there in the realm of pure strategy.

It's really the exclusives that set a console apart nowadays Sony have been nailing it imo.

I can't believe I delayed playing Witcher 3 for so long. I always meant to go back to play the first two before it but couldn't bring myself to go back to 1 after my first attempt to play through it ended in a game-breaking bug around half-way through, that also meant I procrastinated on two only playing a bit through the intro with the intention to go back. But over the last few weeks of holiday break I've managed to put about 105 hours into it and I've only just started Act IV, I do wish I'd been playing on a higher difficulty all along though cos now that I've bumped it up and turned on level-scaling it's stil not super challenging. Knowing how much more content there is though, it's going to be hard to do it in a timely manner once I return to work (should have been back at work yesterday but I've ended up with a virus.

I can't believe I delayed playing Witcher 3 for so long. I always meant to go back to play the first two before it but couldn't bring myself to go back to 1 after my first attempt to play through it ended in a game-breaking bug around half-way through, that also meant I procrastinated on two only playing a bit through the intro with the intention to go back. But over the last few weeks of holiday break I've managed to put about 105 hours into it and I've only just started Act IV, I do wish I'd been playing on a higher difficulty all along though cos now that I've bumped it up and turned on level-scaling it's stil not super challenging. Knowing how much more content there is though, it's going to be hard to do it in a timely manner once I return to work (should have been back at work yesterday but I've ended up with a virus.

Unfortunately the game never really requires you to use the advanced combat techniques and spells etc.

There is however an excellent PC mod that makes the game more balanced and requires you to be a better Witcher.

One of those games that's better on a second playthrough.

Ghosts of Tsushima I quite like, and I am enjoying, but it's a little too Assassin's Creed. I want a Meiji Era Red Dead Ronindemption.

Wow, Microsoft has bought Bethesda. Probably the most significant acquisition in videogame history.

Fallout
Doom
Elder Scrolls
Wolfenstein
Quake
Starfield

Sony will be reeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think this is a bigger FUBAR than Cyberpunk 2077. At least that was a new IP for the studio , a new game style for the studio on top of a poorly managed design and development process. That is ... just wow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back