Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not normally a big multiplayer fan, but I've ben convinced to give bf1 a go. I've taken a liking to scout for some reason (it's hell as a noob at times). Took me ages to get more than 10 kills. Love the martini-henry though, it's like a long range shotgun.

Scout is a lot of fun. I use it when I'm not playing vehicles. Playing in the tanks are great. Very easy to go 40-60+ kills and 0-3 deaths in a conquest. On certain maps like Fao Fortress you can park yourself on a ridge and turn capture points into meat grinders.

I'm ranked like 6th globally across all platforms for repairs which is a weird one.

They're both fine really. Decide which exclusive games float your boat and go from there. Just be aware that they are releasing upgraded versions of these consoles.
Personally, I like the exclusive titles on PS4 better - the Uncharted series and other games made by Naughty Dog. More adventurey than shooty.

Essentially both units are as good as each other, it's just about the style of game that you personally think you'll play more.
Agree with both of these. I have an XBone but at the end of the day they are very similar apart from exclusives AND I love the Xbox's controller and hate the PS4's.

Planet Coaster is fantastic.

Vale Rollercoaster Tycoon. You've bene usurped in a big way.
Education tool for class TBD? Or have you worked Civ VI in yet?

Education tool for class TBD? Or have you worked Civ VI in yet?

Hehe, I did ponder pushing for us to use Simcity or Cities:Skylines for the Sustainable Cities unit in Geography but our school computers probably wouldn't even run it.

Hehe, I did ponder pushing for us to use Simcity or Cities:Skylines for the Sustainable Cities unit in Geography but our school computers probably wouldn't even run it.
What was the 'good' SimCity from before the most recent one? I'm not sure if you are secondary or primary but I'm pretty sure the overpriced Dell my son pays too much for each year :)mad: don't get me started) could run that. ;)

Planet Coaster is fantastic.

Vale Rollercoaster Tycoon. You've bene usurped in a big way.
Isn't it done by the original Tycoon guys? I think Atari jumped on the Tycoon series and released a shoddy version the day before Planet Coaster came out for a cheeky cash grab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steam Autumn Sale has begun. God speed all!
I am trying to be strong, but the recent Doom for about $30AUD is pretty tempting. I am still paying off the last Steam Sale so will try and sit this one out.

BUT If I was going to buy a recent (last 6-12 months release) that would show off my new rig's capability (to an audience of me) what would you Lions gamers suggest?

My thoughts are GTA V (big environments), No Man's Sky (yes, I know) or DOOM. Any other suggestions? Looking for discounts so no new releases (e.g. Dishonored 2).

DOOM's multiplayer may be meh, but the single player campaign is easily worth $30. Doubt you'd regret it.

And yeah, it ticks the box as a nice game to show off the rig. The outdoor environments in particular are pretty spectacular, and being an iD game it has some good tech under the hood. Beautiful and fast.

Davemonkey

Looking to finally dip a toe in the Paradox water courtesy of the Steam sale.

What should I choose out of Europa Universalis IV or Crusader Kings II? Which is more accessible for a noob?

Davemonkey

What should I choose out of Europa Universalis IV or Crusader Kings II? Which is more accessible for a noob?

I've never played EU4, but I found CK2 a lot more accessible than I was led to believe. You'll make a lot of stupid mistakes early, but that's true of any strategy game.

Davemonkey

Yeah I'd say CK2 but to be honest go with whatever period you have the passion for. Having said that they are very different games. CK2 is a dynasty simulator and managing relationships and people is as important if not more important than managing your realm.
Eu4 has been described as a diplomacy simulator in contrast because it is very much more about nation states and their formation. There are a lot more intricacies to Eu4 that I think you would enjoy, but you have to dig deep. I would recommend watching Sean Sands from GWJ play it on his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/GWJPlays.

I play a lot more CK2 but that is in part my period. TBH I want them to do EU Rome 2 because that is really where my heart is.

Davemonkey

Didn't really answer your question. CK2 and either start small. 1066 scenario and a French Duke (other than William) to learn the systems. An Irish count also seems a popular learning choice.

Didn't really answer your question. CK2 and either start small. 1066 scenario and a French Duke (other than William) to learn the systems. An Irish count also seems a popular learning choice.

Cheers. Which of the DLC is most worthwhile?

Cheers. Which of the DLC is most worthwhile?
all of them except Sunset Invasion. And the soundtrack stuff. Really can't imagine playing without them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back