Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, this month's Humble Bundle is ludicrously good value.

Getting the $15 pack. Wowsers.
Worth it purely for Galactic Battlegrounds.

Just started playing oblivion again. Hands down the best game ever. I would be stoked with a HD remake, imo the best storyline of any RPG ever. The mechanics are fantastic and although out dated the world is truly beautiful. Absolutely shits on skyrim (as much fun as I had playing that)

Just started playing oblivion again. Hands down the best game ever. I would be stoked with a HD remake, imo the best storyline of any RPG ever. The mechanics are fantastic and although out dated the world is truly beautiful. Absolutely shits on skyrim (as much fun as I had playing that)
Confession time, as much as I have loved the Elder Scrolls games I have NEVER finished one i.e. main quest. I usually get distracted running down holes and/or find a game ending bug introduced by a mod or never fixed by Bethseda. I have however finished 2 of the 3 open world Fallout games (3&4). I guess the theme resonates more which is surprising given how much fantasy I have read over future wasteland. To counter that I have finished all 3 Dragon Age Games. My head is a strange place.

Anyone looking at Mass Effect Andromeda? I played through all 3 ME games when ME3 was released and loved the experience (2 is the best of the trilogy), and once I got over some of the stuff the whingers were pointing out I really like the idea of returning to this universe.

Oblivion is by far the weakest of the modern Elder Scrolls games for me. It's far from terrible but Cyrodill was a seriously bland setting after the incredible world of Morrowind and god those Oblivion gates grated quickly. Kinda stunned to see you praise its story Leemas, I thought that was the most disappointing thing about it.

Morrowind is still my Bae, but Skyrim was great too in both setting and story. Skyrim did well at embedding the layers of politics and intrigue through the optional quests as well as the main quest line.

Last edited:
Oblivion is by far the weakest of the modern Elder Scrolls games for me. It's far from terrible but Cyrodill was a seriously bland setting after the incredible world of Morrowind and god those Oblivion gates grated quickly. Kinda stunned to see you praise its story Leemas, I thought that was the most disappointing thing about it.

Morrowind is still my Bae, but Skyrim was great too in both setting and story. Skyrim did well at embedding the layers of politics and intrigue through the optional quests as well as the main quest line.
I found Skyrims main storyline to be weak (fantastic game otherwise) kill a dragon and another and another I found it a tad repetitive. Maybe it's the nostalgia of it being the first RPG since fable that really made me go WOW. I never played morrowind I have heard good things about it though, I just love the way oblivion plays.

Fable lost chapters will always be my love child but oblivion comes close for me. I've tried all the fallouts but quickly grew tired of them, played dragon age inquisition I think it was and it didn't really grab me. I tend to find if a game doesn't give me that initial holy smokes moment I quickly lose interest.

The only RPG that's really captivated my attention has been KOTOR 1 and 2. Even as broken as KOTOR 2 was it had a great atmosphere - you can't really go wrong with Star Wars universe though.

Tried to play a few Dragon Ages over the years but I dunno I've never really got into them.
The original Star Wars battlefront still gets played on my xbox. Really disappointing the recent star wars releases. They nailed the formula so early on it honestly astounds me they haven't been able to put out a decent star wars game in years.

I found Skyrims main storyline to be weak (fantastic game otherwise) kill a dragon and another and another I found it a tad repetitive.

The Empire vs Stormcloak rebellion stuff was pretty cool too. A lot of other interesting stories were fleshed out in the Mage/Adventurers/Thieves Guild quests as well as the Dark Brotherhood... a lot of it based around the Aldmeri.

Confession time, as much as I have loved the Elder Scrolls games I have NEVER finished one i.e. main quest. I usually get distracted running down holes and/or find a game ending bug introduced by a mod or never fixed by Bethseda. I have however finished 2 of the 3 open world Fallout games (3&4). I guess the theme resonates more which is surprising given how much fantasy I have read over future wasteland. To counter that I have finished all 3 Dragon Age Games. My head is a strange place.
You sound like me; finished 3, will finish 4 soon and have a NV game well near the end but have a couple of skyrim and oblivion saves that I probably won't get back to.

I'd probably finish more of them if I wasn't some kind of weird completionist that can't just finish the main quest of these types of games without spending hundreds of hours searching through filing cabinets and desks.

You sound like me; finished 3, will finish 4 soon and have a NV game well near the end but have a couple of skyrim and oblivion saves that I probably won't get back to.

I'd probably finish more of them if I wasn't some kind of weird completionist that can't just finish the main quest of these types of games without spending hundreds of hours searching through filing cabinets and desks.

Yeah, you gotta let that s**t go, especially in Elder Scrolls games. Just treat the game like you have a job to do.

I imagine you don't go through everyone else's drawers at work? :p

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, you gotta let that s**t go, especially in Elder Scrolls games. Just treat the game like you have a job to do.

I imagine you don't go through everyone else's drawer's at work? :p
Well video games trained me to do it, so...

It's a pretty easy one. Though I'd love to hear ZoBlitz opinion.

How about Sam & Max vs Fate of Atlantis?

Now that is divisive.

Not even close that one.

Sam & Max Hit the Road is only just shaded by DOTT.

The Telltale Sam & Max games pale in comparison to the Lucasarts original.

Not even close that one.

Sam & Max Hit the Road is only just shaded by DOTT.

Whoooa. And it gets interesting. I love FOA and every subsequent play-through made me think that that for Sam and Max is great but its humour was the thing elevating it to the next level. FOA had the best balance for solving puzzles I've come across. The story was so investing and the puzzles were just right, difficult but not being Grimg Fandango obscure, to give you a real sense of satisfaction. great journey.

I'd love to do it over fresh again.

Though I'd love to be able to do all those fresh again. I wish point and click adventure was big again.

I HATE the voice acting that was added to those games after the fact in the cd-rom age. Almost ruined the games for me, the voices in my own head were so much funnier.

I HATE the voice acting that was added to those games after the fact in the cd-rom age. Almost ruined the games for me, the voices in my own head were so much funnier.

This is essentially why the target audience for the upcoming FF7 remake will abhor it. The story and dialogue in our heads has been ingrained for two decades.

Good luck giving a VO that accurately captures what I've held for over half my life.

Hoagie's voice was perfect though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back