Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Alan Wake is 90 percent off on Steam for the next 2 days before it disappears (probably forever) because of music licensing issues.

If you don't buy it at that price you're dead to me.

Great game - Stephen King meets Twin Peaks.
What if I buy it but it just ends up as another number to my Steam Library of Shame? Am I in a coma to you?
(But nah, picked it up - thanks for the heads up)

Speaking of bargains, EB are currently selling the Steam Link for 36 bucks (down from 90) and the Steam controller for 63 (down from 90).
They are wel, worth it as well. Controller is interesting but Link will work well with a cabled (and presumably PS4) controller.

For the Hearthstone players.

This is the most insane game of HS and Day9 is a pretty entertaining streamer.

Thoughts on the new farcry? See a few people complaining that it isn't a western, but i'm happy to wait for RRD2 for that. I don't mind the setting, has some good opportunity for some really interesting characters. Have to admit, loved FC3 and enjoyed FC primal for being such a different setting, but i just couldnt' get into FC4.

Thoughts on the new farcry? See a few people complaining that it isn't a western, but i'm happy to wait for RRD2 for that. I don't mind the setting, has some good opportunity for some really interesting characters. Have to admit, loved FC3 and enjoyed FC primal for being such a different setting, but i just couldnt' get into FC4.
I think I might be burned out on FarCry. 2 was a classic, 3 was great and I managed to finish it after a false start or two, 4 was too much like 3 (with addded verticality) and Primal was a neat idea but couldn't keep me interested. I'm pretty ho-hum about 5 but I'll watch reviews with interest.

Any one playing Playerunknowns Battleground? It would be good to get a group of 4 to play.

It looks stressful! I enjoy watching the GiantBomb crew play it, but not sure I would enjoy it myself.

It looks stressful! I enjoy watching the GiantBomb crew play it, but not sure I would enjoy it myself.
Strangely even though I suck it is great! Stressfull yes and I need to unwind from my just finished session with a bit of Endless Space 2 but even though I often don't get a shot off, just the cat and mouse moments are thrilling. Trying to talk my son into buying a copy so we can play in a pair.

For the Hearthstone players.

This is the most insane game of HS and Day9 is a pretty entertaining streamer.

Not related to the video, but I've been playing a bit more Hearthstone while off work sick the last few days, and it is a much better experience with the current expansion. There seem to be a lot more interesting decks around.

Not related to the video, but I've been playing a bit more Hearthstone while off work sick the last few days, and it is a much better experience with the current expansion. There seem to be a lot more interesting decks around.

Quest Rogues can * right off though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's another remake but still very excited to see a 2D Metroid announced from Nintendo at E3. I hope it sells well enough for them to make a new iteration.

I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy but have never played Metroid and Breath of the Wild is my first Zelda.

I'm excited about pretty much everything they announced, but I'm not sure I can get into one of those turn based auto-fighting games like Xenoblade?

I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy but have never played Metroid and Breath of the Wild is my first Zelda.

Your fanboy credentials have just been revoked. You can have your badge and gun back one you have played:

- Zelda 3: A Link to the Past
- Ocarina of Time
- Super Metroid
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Fusion

Your fanboy credentials have just been revoked. You can have your badge and gun back one you have played:

- Zelda 3: A Link to the Past
- Ocarina of Time
- Super Metroid
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Fusion

227771a592e0f1f8737aa92d58a326df4c5205214d627bc642001b3f58fd22b8.jpg

Finally got a copy of Uncharted 4 (Target sale for $27) and what I like is that it feels like most of the shooting gallery sections are skippable or that you can stealth kill your way through them. I enjoy the climbing and puzzles too, just sometimes wish they were a bit harder and that they took me at least one try to suss out the strategy for them. I'm into the home stretch (caught up to where the game started and excited to see how the game finishes out.

Also got Horizon: Zero Dawn and the Wipeout collection for under $40 each too so have a fair bit of entertainment limed up for the next few weeks.

After catching up on this thread the other day I went and played Hearthstone for the first time in quite a while - and I couldn't agree more with this sentiment!
It is sweet when you manage to Counterspell their quest or quest spell though. Secret Mage is fun for that.

It is sweet when you manage to Counterspell their quest or quest spell though. Secret Mage is fun for that.

Kinda sucks having to play a particular deck just to catch out one OP meta deck.

Kinda sucks having to play a particular deck just to catch out one OP meta deck.
Yeah but I'm an idiot and I just play it because it is fun.

I have beaten Quest Rogue with a few different decks, including my Milkshake Priest that snagged the Crystal Core card when I had board advantage. Taunt Warrior also goes OK against it.

Having not played in quite a while, it's fair to say the meta game has shifted a bit since I last played. So the first time I got quest rogue-d, I had a distinct 'WTF just happened?' vibe going on. :)

Having not played in quite a while, it's fair to say the meta game has shifted a bit since I last played. So the first time I got quest rogue-d, I had a distinct 'WTF just happened?' vibe going on. :)
Quest Warrior is fun to play. I spent some dust on that card and have loved playing it.

Quest Warrior is fun to play. I spent some dust on that card and have loved playing it.
Quest pally is OK and Quest Hunter is for funsies only. Haven't snagged any of the other cards yet.

Also playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Legends which I actually seem to be slightly better at. Less RNG than HS, and the two lanes aspect is interesting. Takes itself very seriously though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back