Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to Xbox Game Pass I had a free go at Sea of Thieves last night. I have a few comments and thoughts about the new player experience that does not recommend the game to me, but mostly I got badly sea sick and had to stop playing after an hour. I usually have no problem with motion sickness in games but I was pretty much out of action for the rest of the night.

Davemonkey So I’ve taken the Rimworld plunge. Any advice? Or should I just learn from my mistakes over and over?
Pretty much that.
Mods make the game though. Most of the best mods are in the most subscribed list etc. int he Workshop. I'll try and have a look tonight and give you my personal top 10.

Pretty much that.
Mods make the game though. Most of the best mods are in the most subscribed list etc. int he Workshop. I'll try and have a look tonight and give you my personal top 10.

I really have to get over my natural mod cringe where I can’t shake the feeling that I am breaking the game away from the developers design.

I really have to get over my natural mod cringe where I can’t shake the feeling that I am breaking the game away from the developers design.
There are mods that make the game for me. Some will be addressed in the transition to v1.0 but others just make it a better experience. Quite a bit of it is cosmetic. Worth digging in to.
For what its worth I often avoid them because I don't get achievements (e.g. Paradox games), and I share similar worries, but with Rimworld, give it a go.

There are mods that make the game for me. Some will be addressed in the transition to v1.0 but others just make it a better experience. Quite a bit of it is cosmetic. Worth digging in to.
For what its worth I often avoid them because I don't get achievements (e.g. Paradox games), and I share similar worries, but with Rimworld, give it a go.

Awesome, would definitely appreciate suggestions of the best ones.

Davemonkey

Based on quick research, I installed the following mods...

HugsLib
Moody
Allow Deadman's apparel
Fresh Stockpile Filter
Quality Builder
Allow Tool
Storage Search
Better Workbench Management
Worktab

They all seem to be "quality of life" mods. Anything else you highly recommend?

Davemonkey

Based on quick research, I installed the following mods...

HugsLib
Moody
Allow Deadman's apparel
Fresh Stockpile Filter
Quality Builder
Allow Tool
Storage Search
Better Workbench Management
Worktab

They all seem to be "quality of life" mods. Anything else you highly recommend?
I'd add:

More Floors
Biomes Core
Biomes Caverns
Research Tree
I Can Fix it!
Predator Hunt Alert
EDB Prepare Carefully
While Your Up
Fast Spreading Grass
Additional Joy Objects
More Sculptures
Bridgello
Simple Sidearms
Stack Manager
Fences and Floors
Efficient Light
Hospitality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, better build a second fueled generator then.
Try and research geothermal as soon as possible. Once your colony is powered up and running hard its the only way to keep the lights on.

Also, milking boomalopes provides a source of fuel. Of course. I discovered this in my playthrough where I decided it was a good idea to use trained boomrats and boomalopes as walking bombs was a good idea. (It's not).

I caved and I'm currently downloading Origin so I can play Theme Hospital again.

Also can't wait for ARK: Survival Evolved to come out on the Nintendo Switch. Haven't played it yet, but the thought of taming dinosaurs and building appeals very much to me. I am in love with my Switch, I love Breath of the Wild (although the stupid weapon breaking thing annoys me), Sonic Mania is always great and recently I picked up Worms: W.M.D (and yes, I have created a team of worms named after all of my least favourite players whose sole purpose in life is to get blown up repeatedly). Want to get a physical copy of the new Kirby game 1) because the demo was fun and 2) because when I go to England later this year I want Martin Kirby to sign it.

Thank you for this post. I'm considering getting it, but I could easily see myself spending way too much time on it!

It's really good, there are occasional moments of panic but overall it's really relaxing and fun.

It's really good, there are occasional moments of panic but overall it's really relaxing and fun.
Yep, such a good game.

I have had a moment of gaming liberation and started a new XCOM2 game NOT in iron man mode. While I don't save scum every turn or even mission, I have had too may false starts, especially in War of The Chosen that can punish you if you make a poor decision early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back