Video Game Music

Remove this Banner Ad

UN SQUADRON on SNES owns this thread. Just youtube it yourself, better yet, get the ROM. Great game, but epic soundtrack.

http://clicks.skem1.com/preview/?c=13418&g=467&p=bc9ac7396ed88a8aee488f9030af3fc2

Final Fantasy - 25th anniversary music concert in Adelaide.

The internationally renowned concert tour featuring the music of Japanese video game composer Nobuo Uematsu and conducted by Grammy Award winner Arnie Roth comes to Adelaide.

The program features musical selections from throughout the entire 25 year catalogue of great FINAL FANTASY music, including FINAL FANTASY VI: Opera "Maria and Draco," FINAL FANTASY I-III: Medley, FINAL FANTASY XI: Memoro de la Stono - Distant Worlds, FINAL FANTASY XIII Blinded by Light and the Australian Premiere of FINAL FANTASY VI: Dark World, featuring Nobuo Uematsu and Arnie Roth as soloists with the orchestra (Uematsu on keyboards and Roth on violin)!

Experience HD video game series images projected onto a huge screen accompanied by the epic award-winning scores performed with the power of the ASO and the Adelaide Philharmonia Chorus.

Saturday 24 November at 8pm
Adelaide Entertainment Centre

As a patron of Video Games Unplugged, the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra is offering you an exclusive 12.5% discount on all Reserves. This offer is available when booking through Ticketek using the code word "MELBOURNE".

Have already posted Shatter and Jets N Guns a while back, but here's some others I rate highly....

Prince of Persia (2008) - Inon Zur and Stuart Chatwood
- the same Stuart Chatwood from The Tea Party. Don't know if one tune can do this soundtrack justice.

Xenon 2: Megablast (1989) - Amiga - The Bitmap Brothers and Bomb The Bass
- this was made prior to the release of the Super Nintendo console!!! (and probably when PC still had beeps :p). Like Commodore 64, Amiga had an awesome sound chip, which in my opinion crapped on their console counterparts (C64 vs NES/Master System, Amiga vs SNES/Megadrive).

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011) - Jeremy Soule
- competes with some of the better movie scores

Last Ninja 2 (1988) - Commodore 64 - Matt Gray
- this particluar track is one of my all-time favourites, which I can play on guitar, and is my current ring tone. The whole soundtrack is great though, as was The Last Ninja (Ben Daglish, Anthony Lees) and Last Ninja 3 (Reyn Ouwehand).

Burnout 2: Point of Impact (2002) - Stephen Root and Steve Emney
- prior to going with licensed music in Burnout 3 (when EA took over)

Here the UN squadron one I was talking about before.... if this doesn't fire you up, u need a new set.

[youtube]gtJlan6Z3i4[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vice City has pretty much the best soundtrack ever. I get depressed every time I see anything related to it because that game was so freaking good.

I don't get depressed I just get the biggest nostalgia boner when I hear a Vice City song.

I don't get depressed I just get the biggest nostalgia boner when I hear a Vice City song.
That's mainly what I meant.

And I meant, every word I said, when I said that I love you, I meant that I love you foreverrrrrrrrrr, AND I'M GONNA KEEEEEEEEEEP ON LOVINNNNN YOUUUUU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back