Games Video games

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard they're total arseholes. But their games are so good though.
The two definitely go together to some extent... employees are treated like s**t because the executives are constantly revising and demanding changes to parts of the games that they aren't happy with.

Even so, expected to work 60+ hr weeks for years on end - a fair whack of it unpaid overtime. Not great.

Planned to wait till Xmas to get RDR2, would have time then to immerse myself properly...

Yet here I was at EB this morning getting it.. Massive install initially, great fun so far.
Just failed a mission trying to catch someone because I crashed my horse into a tree knocking it flat in its arse and the guy got away :D

Untitled Goose Game is a more evolved power fantasy than any more mainstream title

As a massive wrestling fan and someone who doesn't mind delving into management-like sims, I'm super psyched for this....

Grey Dog Software is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Adam Ryland’s Total Extreme Wrestling 2020. Continuing the ever popular and award winning franchise, the game will be released in the first quarter of 2020.
With this new version, Adam has completely taken the game apart, rewritten the underlying architecture, and then put each feature back in one-by-one, revamping and upgrading as he goes along. The end result is that while you’re still going to recognize the game as being part of the TEW series, it’s effectively a much sharper, quicker, more intuitive, better quality piece of work. This is going to be the biggest jump forward in terms of quality the series has ever seen!

As a massive wrestling fan and someone who doesn't mind delving into management-like sims, I'm super psyched for this....
I've loved Ryland's wrestling sims since EWR.

Good to see there's more of an overhaul to this one. 2016 seemed a lot like 2013 but with a few QoL features added.

Probably won't buy the new one right away either. I usually play real world mods, historical ones in particular now, and those will take a while to show up or be well adapted from previous iterations.

Probably won't buy the new one right away either. I usually play real world mods, historical ones in particular now, and those will take a while to show up or be well adapted from previous iterations.

Couldn't agree more. The real world mods make it fun. I think you can transfer mods from TEW 2016 to TEW 2020 though.

Apparently in the new one you can run NXT, and if the WWE is run by the AI you have to deal with them recalling talent or "demoting" talent. Or you could do a multi-player game and have one player run NXT and the other one run WWE - or do them both yourself.

Was reading somewhere too that some of the play testers of TEW 2020 enjoy it so much they haven't gone back to TEW 2016.

Picked up an absolute bargain on Steam yesterday - The Eidos Anthology bundle. Contains 54 games in total, including Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Life Is Strange, Sleeping Dogs, Conflict: Desert Storm and Thief, plus all DLC. Total cost of the bundle is about $1100, but it's currently on sale for about $60!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game looks like a lot of fun winty. Is it from the PlayStation store and is it MP only?

It's a heap of fun. Can be frustrating at times as well as you can get some toxic players who try to push you off obstacles or hold you back so one of their team members can jump ahead of you, or you just get bombarded by a bunch of hazards all at once.

It's available on PC or PS4. It is multi player, and you can have up to 4 players in a group. Most of the events are individual based races, but there are a couple of team games, and if you're in a group, you are all on the one time.

Decided to get back into Football Manager 2020, and downloaded a mod which goes down to the 20th tier of English soccer, Vanarama National League 16. Chose to manage a team by the name of Hashtag United who were predicted to finish mid-table in the bottom tier. In the first round of the FA Cup, I've been drawn to play Maidstone away, who happen to be 15 divisions higher than I am. Bookies have me at 30-1 to cause an upset.

In my last game, which was a first round clash in the Carabao Cup, I was playing a team who was 4 divisions higher than I am. Was 4-1 down after 69 minutes, kicked 3 goals in 12 minutes to even it up, conceded a goal in the 90th minute, then equalized 2 minutes later. Ultimately went down 9-8 on penalties.

Found a Football Manager 2020 mod on Steam where someone had created leagues from just about every country which in some instances goes down about 10 levels. For example, in Australia they have even included teams like North Geelong and Geelong Rangers. Decided to go nuts and start a game with every league able to be playable - 636 divisions from over 220 countries in total.

I could wind up managing a team in the 3rd division in Yemen or the Vanuatu Lower Divison. :D

Found a Football Manager 2020 mod on Steam where someone had created leagues from just about every country which in some instances goes down about 10 levels. For example, in Australia they have even included teams like North Geelong and Geelong Rangers. Decided to go nuts and start a game with every league able to be playable - 636 divisions from over 220 countries in total.

I could wind up managing a team in the 3rd division in Yemen or the Vanuatu Lower Divison. :D

It sounded like a fun idea - unfortunately it seems my computer didn't agree. Was taking sooooooo long just to set up a game. Guess I'll play something more stock-standard.

I'm guessing all the graphics and photo packs I downloaded earlier in the week had something to do with that as well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back